Episode 2 of Basketball Wives kicked off with some drama as we expected. Finally, Gloria Govan (who has children with Matt Barnes) who is also the black sheep of the cast, appears. We also meet the “new girl,” Evelyn keeps it messy and some more sh*t develops. Check some of the highlights and lowlights from this week’s episode.
Highlights and Low-lights
- In the hopes of helping her friend, Shaunie plays Dr. Phil, and introduces Jennifer Williams (whose relationship is on the rocks with her husband, Eric Williams) to NBA veteran wives Juli and Kim. Juli has been married to her NBA husband, Mitch Richmond for 17 years, while Kim has been married to her husband, Bryan Russell for 16 years. During this conversation, we learn that Jennifer and her husband ain’t sexing, f*ckin’, colorin’, making love or nor of thee above. Quote of the conversation, “If you’re not having sex, that’s no marriage.” ((Life Observation…is it me or do married couples have WAY less sex than the rest of the world? Shattttt))
- Suzie shares that Evelyn’s been sending her threatening text messages about their confrontation from last week’s episode. <<==lame.
- Tami, her daughters and their father attend group therapy. It was a bit intense, but looks as if things will get better between Tami’s daughters and their father, Kenny. Tami also meets Kenny’s new wife, Natasha, for lunch. They vaguely discuss how to move forward. The most interesting part of this meeting is that we learn that Natasha works and Kenny is a stay @ home father. When Tami learns this info, she is shocked as sh*t, ESPECIALLY since he’s been MIA with his daughters with Tami.
- Shaunie’s new boo, Marlon Yates, is briefly introduced in this episode. She shares, “Marlon is a loving guy, and is just a sweetheart.” Looks like we’ll be seeing more of him.
- At a jewelry party, we are introduced to what looks like the newest cast member, Ashley Walker, who has been dating Houston point-guard, Rafer Austin for 4 years. Ashley, who also happens to be a mother of two, is the actual host of the event, but apparently Jennifer has issue with Ashley because she (Ashley) put Jennifer’s homegirl’s (Laura, whoever the eff she is) number up on Craigslist. Jennifer’s homegirl (Laura) is Rafer’s ex-fiance. When confronted, Ashley denies putting the number up on Craigslist.
- We meet Royce’s new boo, Dwayne, who she’s known for quite some time. Royce seems to be smitten with dude, as he’s a non-athlete and he’s a theater major and works as a photographer.
- Over lunch with Suzie (these broads sure can eat), Gloria finally talks about the wedding being called off. Gloria doesn’t really go into detail, but shares that calling the wedding off “was the right thing for us to do.” More important @ this lunch meeting is the appearance of Royce, Jennifer and Evelyn showing up. Royce (who hasn’t been a fan of Gloria since the first season of the show) totally set Suzie up by sharing with the other ‘girls’ that Gloria and Suzie were meeting up, so they (the mean girls) decide to show up. “What up bitches? Perfect day for a pow-wow,” is how Evelyn starts the conversation….and then of course, they end the episode.
Can’t wait til next week!