Aug
2012

Rihanna & Teyana Taylor Twitter Beef Over Jacking Fashion Style

I bet that you had NO idea that there was an alleged twitter beef ensuing between rock star Rihanna and GOOD Music’s own, Teyana Taylor. Here’s the deal. Teyana is good friends with Chris Brown and Chris’ current girlfriend Karrueche Tran. And from what we are told (and read), Teyana seems to think that Rihanna’s been jacking her style (sneakers, fitted caps, etc). This all started in an interview with Complex. The interviewer asked her about being one of the first ones (as opposed to Rihanna and Rita Ora), to bring on the ‘street chic’ style. Teyana responded:

I do feel like I influence a lot of artists. But the way I look at it is not in a negative way. I love them. When I came in the game, it wasn’t okay to be a girl and wear sneakers and hats and streetwear. They called me gay. Now the tomboy thing, it’s sexy. Rihanna and Rita Ora are fly and sexy. I’m happy I was able to pave that way. I love seeing our artists dressed like that. You ain’t gay if you throw on sneakers and a hat. Nobody can take that away from me and say, “Oh, she didn’t start that trend.” They all know. I’ve always been about this life and mixing kicks with high fashion on some ghetto chic shit.

IDK if RiRi read the article, but Tuesday afternoon, Rihanna took of a photo of herself and tweeted:

Me, being me.

We’re thinking that comment was a jab at Teyana, inferring that she was a style jacker. Teyana RT’ed Rihanna’s photo and then tweeted:

And followed up by writing:

And what was Rihanna’s response?

So, what do you think? Are they taking subliminal shots or are we just imagining things over here? And did Rihanna jack Teyana’s style?

[Urban Belle Mag, Twitter]

zv7qrnb

18 Comments to “Rihanna & Teyana Taylor Twitter Beef Over Jacking Fashion Style”

1. Yo Gabba says:

Teyana gotta fuckin chill. Why she’s acting like she’s the first chick to wear the tom boy style is beyond me.

I know. That ain’t nothing but some boysn the hood, swv, tlc ish from the 90s. #sattdown

3. Kimmy says:

wow riri got her own style and that boyish dressing has been around forever… smh

4. Dubb-B(female type) says:

Real ish, even the face Rihanna is making in the pic looks like TT. And to be honest, TT has been rockin’ that style and Rihanna has been doing it a little more recently. Does look like a wittle swagg-jackin’ is goin’ on, but hey, that’s just me *Kanye shrug*

5. Chelsia says:

I don’t see the beef

6. JAGurl MissAG says:

Dubb-B is a Dumb-B for that comment??? Really dressing a tomboy is somethin new?? I 2nd RiRi with Poor dem

7. CocktailJay says:

Rihanna did NOT jack Teyana Taylor’s style…everyone knows she jacked Fefe Dobson’s. Why would she need two styles? Duh…

Lmao!

8. Tonight says:

Agree they are just reviving the 90s…but let’s say rihanna really did jack TT “style”, it doesn’t really matter because TT is pretty irrelevant. Sorry IJS

9. yosh says:

Everything she’s doing has already been done. Last time I checked. Mary J, TLC, Excape…

10. Dubb-B(female type) says:

Who said it was new? No one said that dummies, especially, JAGurl. I said it was her style, which it is. Even before her Sweet 16 no one was dressin’ like that. She’s irrelevant, but ya’ll know who she is though? Right.

11. Chris says:

But Dubb-B….Yeah we know tt….But, THE WORLD KNOWS RIHANNA!!!!! LOL!!! :-)

uhmmm if you look at it from two different points .
    from one it looks like shading.
    but from the other one it just looks like she was retweeting a pic.
    i think her lol was to the guy and not rihanna.
    cause rihanna and teyana didnt used to be close but they were just cool i dont think that woud change because of one pic

13. Ms. Spivey says:

I’m just happy Rihanna barely even responded “Poor dat” <— Classic.

14. anon says:

ummm….didn’t TLC, Aaliyah, Mary J. Blige dress like this when RiRi, TT, and Rita were all just getting out of wearing diapers???

15. kemyah says: