Aug
2012

It-Ain’t-Over: Tameka Raymond Appealing Judge’s Custody Decision

It appears as if the battle between Usher Raymond and his ex-wife, Tameka (Foster) Raymond ain’t over yet. On Friday, we learned that the judge had granted primary custody of their two sons to Usher. After the news hit, Tameka didn’t release an official statement, but did post a message on twitter.

Fast forward to the present day and as expected, Tameka has plans to¬†file an appeal. TMZ reports that¬†Tameka feels the ruling was unfair. Why? Reportedly, she recently found out that Usher’s lawyer’s law firm threw an election fundraiser back in 2008 for the judge who presided over the trial, and Usher raised $1,278 for Judge Lane–thus making her feel that the connection may have influenced the ruling. What’s more? Tameka feels that Usher travels too much (with his career) to provide appropriate care for their sons. Do you think Tameka should try to appeal? And does she have merit in believing the Judge’s rule was unfairly influenced because of Usher’s involvement in her campaign?

Other HAUTE Links:

15 Comments to “It-Ain’t-Over: Tameka Raymond Appealing Judge’s Custody Decision”

1. janet says:

I thought it was the lawyers firm that raised money not Usher.

• Bar None says:

yes Janet but his lawyers were the ones that held the fund raiser for the Judges hating ass. Darn, is the judge a mother??? I cant believe this mess. Usher ought to be ashamed of his nappy head self.

• Bobbiedoll says:

ha! I agree with you. This is some BS. If Usher doesn’t give a damn about Tamkea or the son she just lost, he should at least care about how his sons are going to feel after losing their sibling. The judge should have excused herself from the case.

2. Kamisha says:

Usher to me is a straight punk ass for this custody case that he filed against his sons mother. He must have felt she was ok at first since he married her WITH kids and then decided to have 2 more with her while married. This prolly aint about the kids but more about him being spiteful and rich. When can he really care for them on the road?? Homework? Just nannies and his old ass gf to care for them? Their mother should fight to the death for her sons and she just lost one too. I jive hate him now, lost a fan Ursh baby. I will never buy or listen to shit he makes again.

3. ChoclateFox says:

If he could be bought for $1,278, doesn’t say much about him being a judge. I doubt that had anything to do with it. Like the other person said, it was the law firm that did it back in 2008. So you mean to tell me, Usher knew in 2012 this judge would be the presiding judge of a custody battle. Get real. Not saying she shouldn’t appeal, but she needs to come with something more concrete. Undoubtedly, either his lawyers were very good or the evidence was the deciding factor.

4. akina says:

yes she has merit, I cannot BELIEVE Usher did this, this is beyond dirty.

it aint dirty it life but dont dont take sides so fast

6. Dubb-B(female type) says:

If you all believe that’s why the judge ruled in Usher’s favor you’re stupid. You all must not know the trouble they could get into for that. I highly doubt they’d risk their career for this

7. PrettySuper says:

Keep Fighting Tameka! I smell a rat and it smells like Ursher. And publicize that call he made to you, laughing and taunting you about losing your kids before the judgement was even delivered. This isn’t even about the kids, this is about him hating you and not wanting you in his house or wanting to give you $ for them. He wants them to be raised by his girlfriend Grace (who he cheated on you with), his mother (who he has a volitaile relationship with) and some random nannies who i’m sure he’s screwing.. Probably the one who was the bridesmaid in your wedding.

Ursher is TRIFE! Karma is a beeetch! Go get him, girl!

8. CocktailJay says:

Gaaaahhh. I want her coat!!

9. CocktailJay says:

This is petty, but I am a little annoyed that usher wore those ridiculous “fashion” frames in court. If I were the judge I would’ve asked him to remove him. He’s so childish.

This is so sad. Even if you take out her loosing a child, and if you take out his shady ass lawyers, I STILL can’t believe a judge would grant custody to a man who travels on the road, sings about money and women, and who lives a fast lifestyle, over a woman who has her own business and is stationary??? That’s just obsurd! And custody is about 2 levels- legal and physical. It sounds like he was granted full legal but it doesnt’ say anything about the physical or the visitation schedule. I wonder if they will post the details. Either way, Usher is a jackass for even taking her through this and he has lost another fan forever.

11. Nikki D says:

Seems like Usher just doesn’t want to pay child support. Next best thing is to have custody of the kids. I’d fight for my kids, til there was no fight left!