Jan

UPDATED: Love & Hip Hop’s Erica Mena & Rich Dollaz Are Engaged

Apparently, reality TV brings people together, literally. Love & Hip Hop (New York) reality stars, Erica Mena and Rich Dollaz (who manages reality star/singer Olivia) are officially engaged. With season 3 airing next week, viewers learned (via promo trailers) that the two were romantically involved. And if that’s not a big enough shocker, this week, Erica posted some wedding magazines on her Instagram, hinting that nuptials may be in her future.

Thursday evening, we attended the NYC screening of Love & Hip Hop (NY) and chatted with the couple, asking them flat out about engagement rumors. Peep an excerpt of the interview below:

the Jasmine Brand:

We were all over your Instagram and we noticed some wedding ‘stuff’. What’s up with with that?

Erica Mena:

Ummmm.

Rich Dollaz:

Because we’re gonna get married, soon. Probably this summer.

the Jasmine Brand:

Are you engaged, in real life?

Rick Dollaz:

Yes, we are engaged. That’s my girl.

the Jasmine Brand:

Really? Does anyone know that?

Rich Dollaz:

I’m dead serious.

the Jasmine Brand:

You’re the only person that went on Instagram…so now you have a scoop.

We’re confident that this story-line will play out on the upcoming season. Congrats to the love birds!

UPDATED: According to Global Grind, since the story hit, Erica and Rich have released conflicting statements. Erica told the site:

“I didn’t know that we were going to tell people about it! I guess Rich decided to blurt it out. It wasn’t done intentionally. I didn’t know we were gonna announce it last night. I wasn’t expecting it. I thought we were going to keep it on the DL, but I guess he felt it was the right time.”

And Rich Dollaz, explained:

“No, I’m not! I’m not engaged. Rich Dollaz is not engaged. What happened was, I ain’t gonna say shorty was lying or nothin’, but Erica had taken some pictures on Instagram of some wedding magazine. A girl [at the party] asked her about it and asked if she was getting married and I SARCASTICALLY said ‘Yeah, we’re getting married. Uh huh, next week we’re getting married.’ She took that, and I don’t know if the music was loud and the liquor was flowing, and she could be serious. But I was not. I was not.”

What do I think? Perhaps I’ll pull the audio for y’all to decide….

m4s0n501

11 Comments to “UPDATED: Love & Hip Hop’s Erica Mena & Rich Dollaz Are Engaged”

1. ME says:

What does that body language say about them? I’ll wait…:D

2. orchidjones says:

I never cared for either one of them…reality tv ruins a personality. seems like rich is a nice guy but that situation between him and olivia looks like he was in love with her…and the situation between erica and kimbella came from left field. is this engagement even real?

3. sandy says:

Dont like her she starts TOO MUCH SHYT all the time and she’s not cute…. She swears people know her or her baby daddy cubin links , {who that” and when was the last time he had a hit”??????199what??? lol at least jim and juels are known…lol

4. BrandyV says:

This is going to be very interesting when it airs. I wonder about Olivia’s reaction?

5. kandi says:

Don’t worry about it Jas we don’t give a flying fuck no way !

6. Miss. AG says:

Wait a min…..he trying to say the interview was pure sarcasm??? Dont pull the tape YET J……wait just a lil more cause home girl looking like a clown with that “retraction” of his……ooops. This will get better

7. louise says:

disgusting, she’ll sleep her way to money *spit*
    great legacy. what she needs is a degree, and look after her kid.

8. Nika says:

I still think Rich is in love with Liv and I think Liv is in love with Rich

9. Tia Darden says:

I think Erica need to tone it down you such a pretty young lady but you are acting like you have no home training. Come on Erica show people that you do have some kind of class about yourself.