Jan

Scandal Actor ‘Huck’ (Guillermo Diaz), Talks Being Openly Gay in Hollywood

Please don’t tell anyone, but we’ve developed a slightly peculiar crush on ‘Huck’ (real name Guillermo Diaz) of, ‘Scandal’. Since the season ended in December, we’ve been trolling and searching for all things Oliva Pope, Huck and the rest of ‘em–so much that we even posted the finale. Since the show is back today, we decided to give you an inside look at Huck (we like to stay in character, here), via his interview with Gay Star News. In it, the 37-year-old dishes on being an openly gay actor in Hollywood and how diverse he is on the big screen. Peep a few excerpts:

On how he handles being openly gay in Hollywood:

‘I don’t even think about it, I’m an actor. I’ve been out since I started acting and I’ve worked my whole life. I think people get too caught up in it. I don’t stress about it. If somebody doesn’t want to work with me because I’m gay, I don’t want to work with them either.’

On being diverse on the big screen and haute enough for Britney Spears:

‘I played a drag queen in Stonewall but I played a straight guy in an episode I just did of Law & Order: SVU,’ he says. ‘And check this out, I played another straight guy in a movie in Utah (Ticket to Vegas) and Britney Spears called me to be in her music video. I was her love interest in I Want to Go which came out last year. My co-star plays the First Lady and she’s never been married to a president. Why isn’t that a big deal? So I can’t play a straight ex-CIA agent? It’s just common sense.’

On what ‘Scandal’ fans can expect this season:

‘You will find out so much more about my character,’ he says. ‘A lot of questions were left unanswered in the first season. It’s good and it’s juicy.’

[Carlton Jordan, Gay Star News]

21 Comments to “Scandal Actor ‘Huck’ (Guillermo Diaz), Talks Being Openly Gay in Hollywood”

1. Oh….I totally missed that one. I had no idea, he still is an amazing actor regardless.

2. Lady_Don't _Play says:

I never would’ve guessed! Still love em tho! He plays the hell outta the CIA agent role on Scandal!

3. Not that anyone cares, but this has been the most tweeted story today :) Can’t wait to see #Scandal tonight!

4. KNOWMIE says:

i have always had a crush as well. lol i feel like hes intriguing and mysterious which is always sexy. im too pumped for tonights episode.

5. Allykat says:

Who would’ve guessed? I sure didn’t. I don’t give a damn. I still love me some Huck. And, I’m still trying to find me a real life Huck. I need someone who can handle business.

6. kay p says:

WHAT THE HUCK??? who knew?

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Scandal!!!!!! And I’m super happy you posted this, I love learning more about them. Now, how about a story on the President who is also a co-producer????

8. orchidjones says:

this is my man since way back. i was a fan before the serious acting roles, along with his antics with dave chappelle…pop copy, wrap it up, and half baked. he definitely has an impressive resume.

9. Kris says:

I saw him on the episode of Law & Order and he was freakin phenomenal! I immediately Google;d him and that’s when I found out he was gay… which doesn’t matter. He’s a great actor man. Much success to him.

10. ME623 says:

I could care less if an actor/actress is gay or straight. What they do after the camera stops rolling, is their business. I love Huck, and I will continue to love Huck as long as Scandal is on the air! WHAT DA HUCK! :) YEAH BABY!

11. Mervin J Alexander says:

He is an amazing actor, one with a beautiful soul Wishing him great success. You are truly love by many. Awesome job in Scandal.

12. Saboye says:

Love him as an actor and as HUCK!.

13. Ivelani says:

Love Huck regardless his preference……he is a GREAT actor

14. Terry says:

I guess I’m late on this news. It doesn’t change my opinion.. Scandal is my favorite show and has a stellar cast. Huck has to be my favorite character. He plays that man so well he should receive and Emmy. Glad you’re comfortable with who you are. Sadly, many are not. Living your truth is always best.

am i the only one who knows him from weeds…i didn’t notice at first but after a while i had doubts but then it was confirmed and now when i watch reruns of weeds it seems so obvious

16. Crusty says:

YOU ARE HOT!

I don’t care what his sexual status is. I love me some HUCK,HE MAKES THE SHOW FOR ME. I LOVE HIS SHYNES
    S,BU OH SO SERIOUS ROLE