Mar

keri hilson-twitter meltdown-twitter rant-the jasmine brand

Keri Hilson has reached her breaking point. So much, that she took to twitter to vent and let her followers, fans and stans know that she too is human. Tuesday morning, she wrote:

It’s TOO much!! Please! Is everything I tweet gonna be “intentionally misinterpreted” as a statement abt someone/drama I know nothing about? You have no idea what your hateful words could do to someone’s spirit. Years of verbal abuse from strangers all day long. Enough is enough! I’m here for MY FANS! I’m stronger than you imagine, but waking up/goin to bed to your ugliness is just TOO MUCH, kids. I get it, ok? You can stop now. As far as WHATEVER ur really mad about, I had my reasons. It’s been yrs! Just chalk it up to your ignorance of my reality and LET…IT…GO. As for my mistakes, God has dealt with me.

So what or whom exactly is she referring to? While some speculate that she’s venting about her new boyfriend, others speculate that Keri’s addressing critics. Apparently, there are a few music lovers that loathe the 31-year-old Atlanta native. In either case, she’s sending someone a clear message. Meanwhile, peep her mentions…yikes!

Screen shot 2013-03-05 at 8.53.34 AM Screen shot 2013-03-05 at 8.53.23 AM Screen shot 2013-03-05 at 8.53.06 AM

Screen shot 2013-03-05 at 8.57.42 AM

What do you think? Is Keri’s twitter rant warranted? Or folk too hard on her? Or should she suck it up, it’s part of being a celebrity.

P.S. Tuesday afternoon, Keri Hilson musta recovered from critics, as she made one more declarative tweet:

Screen shot 2013-03-05 at 7.44.49 PM

17 Comments to “Keri Hilson Has A Meltdown On Twitter: ‘Years of Verbal Abuse–Enough Is Enough!’”

1. lili says:

Twitter gives haters a forum to hate on. If you don’t like someone, there is no need to harass them on twitter. Many people like Bey more than Keri, but I don’t see how telling Keri that you don’t like her does anything.

2. CocktailJay says:

I feel like you should be able to relentlessly harass someone you don’t like on Twitter…but not someone who doesn’t even know you or who you are. They are so mean to Keri…so very mean. I feel for her.

• Razzi says:

Why would you even want to “relentlessly harass” someone you dont like via Twitter? That statement is just as childish as the action behind it.

• CocktailJay says:

Exactly what is your point? Because mine was that it’s MY Twitter account and I’m free to do what I want with it. We’re obviously way too concerned with what people choose to do with their lives. Do with your Twitter what you will and I’ll do the same.

Thanks for responding though :-)

3. Keri Hilson started her career by dissing Beyonce on the remix w/ T Pain & Lil Wayne

Yeah, I’m actually quite saddened by the social media generation. People are cruel, disrespectful, and don’t have any common courteous. Don’t care what anyone says, but consistently harassing a person is a form of bulling and I would think after all these protests, youth suicides and all these awareness campaign ppl would get the point.

5. lez says:

Sad that she’s stressing over Twitter…?? Kind of comical, actually. Perhaps she should close her account. She really sounds tormented…lol. I’m sorry, but am I the only one that finds this to be ridiculous? How can you be so tormented over tweets? Just get off the site.

I dont mean any harm but Keri is the one who opened the door for this. Dont come for people who dont send for you. If she would have never shaded Beyonce she wouldnt have all of those ppl bashing her.

• What specifically did she say about Beyonce? I’ve heard ‘rumors’, but never anything in print, video, audio, etc. Just tryna catch up on the vintage beef :)

• Edot says:

From my understanding, she threw shade at Beyonce on that turn me on remix and she allegedly said Beyonce took writer credit for a song/ maybe songs she wrote

• kay p says:

no one can quote any line that is supposed to be directed at Beyoncé – and even if she DID throw shade at Beyoncé – WTF are these people to verbally harass her?? I never understood that. We never had this access to celebrities and when we get we are just down right disrespectful?? one mention calls her scum – SCUM??? why she gotta be all that – cause she said something about Beyoncé?? did she kill a bunch of kids?

7. Nicole says:

goodness, Bey’s fans are wild. I like Bey too but … let Keri live she’s human. That’s not cool. but it’s not just bey fans tho, everybody has had their share of coming at Keri

8. Chels says:

I agree with Keri and I think people just go at her like that because THEY CAN….its really disgusting. She literally cannot type or say anything

9. Miss AG says:

Kerri should not have vented on twitter she basically said….ENTER. Go MIA for a min until u over it but making ur haters know they got to you is a no no.

The media and fans with nothing better to do need to STOP it for real… she didnt mention that diss on that song to beyonce , but ya azzes assumed she was talking about her… and dont know that she wrote songs for beyonce and they are friends til this day.. I think some just got nothing better to do but believe what one person thinks , where’s ya own ideals and beliefs… beyonce aint sending neither one of ya cash to pay bills or gives two cents about ya cause she dont know ya so why ya repping so hard if she’s ok with keri… Keri been in the music game for years and writing music for alot of the people ya all listen to today and allowed to make it to the number 100′s. ya buggin leave the girl alone and do something with ya OWN LIFES , if you have one lol

11. Evadoosh says:

What is it with beyonce anyway. Is she king of the world or untouchable? Most of beyonce’s hit songs are writen by people and here they are lashing out@keri ’cause of beyonce Mrs perfect. Pls give haters her a break

12. Evadoosh says:

I meant haters give keri a break