Mar

porsha stewart-releases statement-divorce-rhoa kordell stewart-the jasmine brand

Less than 24 hours after the news hit that she had been served divorce paper, Real Housewives of Atlanta’s Porsha Stewart has finally spoken out. Porsha personally chose to use instagram, writing:

and posted the message below.

Screen shot 2013-03-27 at 6.10.12 AM

Her reps also released a statement to TMZ, saying that Porsha is

“disappointed about her husband’s recent filing for divorce.”

Reportedly, Porsha had held off on filing for divorce papers herself because she says Kordell had promised to work on the marriage with her. The rep continues:

“[Kordell] misled her and she found out about the filing in the media. Mrs. Stewart hopes to resolve these personal issues privately with the support of her family, friends and strong faith.”

Meanwhile, some of her BRAVO reality colleagues, like NeNe Leakes, have been vocal about their support for Porsha. NeNe wrote on twitter:

“I’am good judge of character! I will stand by & support my little sister”

Kenya Moore has also chimed, putting her differences aside, lending her support.

kenya moore-responds to porsha stewart divorce-the jasmine brand

In a statement to E! News, she explained:

“It’s no secret that Porsha and I have had our differences. However, I would never want to see anyone go through pain or suffering such as in a divorce. I’m a hopeless romantic and believe in love and hope they can get past their differences. I do wish Porsha well and know she will do what is best for her.”

Via twitter, Kenya also added:

Even though Porsha and I have had our differences, I would never want to see anyone in pain. I wish her well.

Screen shot 2013-03-27 at 6.45.16 AM

No further details about the pending divorce has yet been released.

13 Comments to “RHOA’s Porsha Stewart Says She Was Blindsided by Divorce + Kenya Moore Responds to Split”

i think it’s really big of Kenya to lend her support. It’s refreshing to see her put aside her childish crazy ways and show that there is actually maturity in her. i applaud her.

2. Razzi says:

I think Kenya just wanted her name attached to this. I can see her in the corner laughing her @ss off at Porsha’s divorce.

I so love Kenya!!! #teamkenya

Regardless of what anyone thinks porsha deserves better. Kordell treated her like a child that needed a daddy and she allowed it due to being scared to loose him. He didnt allow her to be herself and it showed and now it makes sence why he’s hitting her with divorce because she wont do what kordell wants her to do…smh.. and all her cast mates are comign to support her including kenya and we believe it’s sincere from kenya , which is big for her to put her differences aside and support her as well… so STOP FINDING MORE THINGS TO MAKE AN ISSUE SOME PPL.

5. Miss AG says:

Relieved to read Kenya’s statement. Hope genuine

IN LIFE YOU MUST BE CAREFUL OF SOME OF THE MEAN SPIRITED THINGS THAT YOU DO.

7. angie says:

IM praying for porsha u are a smart beautiful young . And hope Kenya is for real about supporting her I know the other ladies are.

8. Forget kordell Stewart cause he think the grass is greener on there other side he just couldn’t handle a real wife that truly loved her husband porsha u will find a man one day that’s going to love u hard

• Cynthia says:

Thank God Porsha finally broke from the trance Frankenstein had on her, is he 40 or 4? Its obvious they had an understanding of what he wanted from her, but i think after watching how pitiful she looked on tv, and Im sure her family chimed in, plus the glare of the lights, game over. Not too mention, Kordell didnt like how editing made him look like a bully and a baby, I kinda liked his sense of humor. Those trophies just wont act right, huh Kordell?

9. mrs. m. says:

I send nothing but lovine and blessings for Ms. Porsha BUT IF MS. F***ED UP KENYA is no true about your comment you goining straight to hell with gasoline panties on and yes the they are aready on fire broad.