Apr

kandi-why she refuses xscape reunion-blames tameka-the jasmine brand

A few months ago, Jermaine Dupri’s So So Def, celebrated 20 years in the music industry. The 40-year-old music producer threw a huge concert, with the likes of many artist ever associated with So So Def, in attendance. Folk like Bow Wow, Mariah Carey, Anthony Hamilton, Da Brat, Monica, Usher and even Jay-Z hit the stage to perform and celebrate. Noticeably missing were members of the popular 90′s music group, Xscape. Specifically, Kandi Burruss was MIA and even before the show, she politely let it be known that she would not be in attendance for the reunion with her group. For years, there’s been speculation as to why Kandi (and Tiny for that matter) refuse to do a reunion of any kind. This week, the Real Housewives of Atlanta reality star visited ‘Sway in the Morning’, and spoke directly about the REAL reason she didn’t participate. And surprisingly enough, it had nothing to do with Xscape’s LaTocha Scott (the newest member of TV One’s ‘R&B Divas’). Peep a few excerpts of the interview.

kandi burruss-refuses so so def reunion concert-the jasmine brand

On why she declined the So So Def reunion concert:

I did have something else I had to do that weekend. I’m not tryna do a reunion. I mean, no offense, but I don’t wanna be fakin and hafta rehearse together. Tiny and I, we get along great. But, I haven’t talk to the other ladies in a long time, like long time.

On what her conversation with Jermaine Dupri was like:

Yes, I did talk to him. He hit me up on a text. He just was like ‘You knew I was gon’ hit you up…You need to just treat this like one of them reality shows’ and umm, and just act like that and do it anyway….I was like ‘I love you to death, but I can’t do that’. Then he said, ‘You should be thinking about what this is gonna do to your career’ or something like that. He pretty much can say anything to me and I’m really not going to be bothered by it, just because he did give me my start in the industry. He did open the door for me….Pretty much anything (he) says, I’m not going to be mad about…I have an attitude, but Imma keep it to myself. I mean, seriously I do have much love for So So Def and Jermaine. It had nothing to do with him really.

xscape-the jasmine brand

On if she doesn’t like one of her old Xscape members:

It’s not even about me not liking anybody. I just felt like sometimes people do things that you can’t pull back, and for that I reason it’s just like–can you curse on this show? I don’t f*ck w/ her like that no more. I don’t feel like I hafta be made to deal with somebody that I don’t wanna deal with, just because you up and decide you want to do a concert today.

On how Tiny felt about not doing the reunion:

I talk(ed) to Tiny about it. Well, she had different reasons for not necessarily wanting to do it. But she was just like she didn’t really wanna do it either.

On which one of her Xscape members she doesn’t like anymore:

Let me just say — because I shouldn’t hafta bring up stuff…Our group broke up like 18 years ago….But what I’m pissed off about happened more recent. You get what I’m saying? In the past, Tasha and I use to bump heads, but she’s not really who I’m (really) bothered by. It was Tameka that really pissed me off. She said some things about me. Some of the things she put out there, were straight up lies that she had made up. I was so pissed off because me and her use to be really tight and I just felt like what just what she did–to try to make me look bad to people….Instead of just sayin’ ‘Kandi doing well’, you gon’ make it seem like I screwed my way to the top. And then add more people to the list that never existed, on my list, I’m like ‘No chick, don’t do me like that’. I never do her like that. You know that I mean?

On if Kandi and Tameka spoke about the alleged rumors:

After she did what she did, she called me, apologized. Since then, she’s called my mom and she was like ‘I wish I could make things right’. But recently she was on the radio, she still never admitted, she still be on her BS ‘I don’t know what’s wrong with her’. Really? You know what’s wrong with me.

On if she’d consider a reunion, if the two made amends:

I mean, if she ever made things right, then I possibly would be open to it.

Watch the full interview below.

14 Comments to “Kandi Burruss Says She Won’t Do Xscape Reunion Because Group Member Lied On Her: ‘I Didn’t Sleep My Way To the Top!’”

1. DIVA says:

I hope they can get things right and do a Escape Reunion but I do understand where Kandi is coming from. It just sounds like Kandi is hurt that Tameka lied on her and I hope that one day Tameka can make things right so they can move on. The biggest problem we as people have is admitting that we where wrong and apologizing but if people can just realize saying “I am sorry” and mean it can fix a lot of broken relationships/friendships. Pray they can work it out because they had some good music.

2. De'Andra Roberts says:

I understand where Kandi is coming from. She shouldn’t be forced to hang out and perform with people that talk crap about her. Once they apologize, then she can think about moving on.

I’m honestly shocked. Kandi has so many business ventures, I thought she’d treat this the same way-business. There are fans of XSCAPE that deserve a reunion tour, concert or something! None of them would have had the opportunities they have now if it weren’t for the fans investing in their music. It interesting how the 2 that have chosen NOT to do the reunion, are the two who are now doing well financially.

4. Miss AG says:

I’m with Kandi, chic said what she said tried to apologize in private but in public it’s a diff story. The lie sure wasn’t whispered & if it’s going to take Kandi to put money in your pocket Own up to your and give a genuine apology. Stand your ground Kandi

LOVE LOVE LOVE KANDI, SO SO REAL! MY CHICK, LOVE REAL CHICKS!

6. ASIA says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE KANDI, SHE’S SO SO REAL! MY CHICK, LOVE REAL CHICKS!

7. texas girl says:

Bottom line is that you at suppose to pay respect to the label, CEO that found you and your fans who help put you on the map. This is not the first time you’ve been lied on and it’s not going to be the last. She should have done it, her and tiny. Nobody said you had to , buddy buddy and did like Jermaine said and treat it like that reality show – business bc it is a well known that you don’t like everyone on that show. Get it together

8. mesha says:

I feel kandi on how she feels. People do and say things they can’t take back or undo just because this event was taking place don’t mean we really back so don’t treat the situation like it’s butter when we working like apricot scrub

9. Whawha1972 says:

Personally I think they are being selfish and are not considering the the fans and the love we have for the group as a whole. The fans is what made y’all so now that your comfortable in life forget us. That’s how y’all feel? @ least make it right for the fans

10. socrazy says:

O wow people got issues! She don’t owe you nothing you selfish as ppl! So what you brought a cs or tape it doent matter! This was her career and she choose to retired from music! Jermaine wanted what he wanted! So does you who’s mad! Kandi did the right thing and act like a woman of wisdom nothing one says mean nothing! Jermaine only said that because she declineand when you do that and that person really wanted things their way they will try to hurt you! Get real ppl you can’t compare the house wives and exscape! These ladies was tight like sisters when one stabb you in the back how can you trust her! Say she went and couldn’t stand it and decided to fight tameka then what! Again they are like sisters it hurts more! Then you want her to be up there and sing when she might just shut down because she can’t think and mess it all up! If tameka would just kept her mouth shut after she apologise she just might have done it! But how do you say sorry and turn around and do it again! How can she trust her after that she might try to lie on her again! So get for real! She don’t owe nobody but herself and god! Godis everything and if jermaine can’t see why she did that then he’s selfish as well as you who are mad at her! When we get it in our heads that we don’t own these celebrities and let them live their life then there would always be drama! She didn’t want to do it and its fine!this was a career nothing else! She gets pay to entertain you! She gave you what you wanted when she was singing because her fans was buying her things! You are not doin nothing for her that moey is gone so she’s not sending that! Your acting like she got pay to do this u front and choose not too now she got y’all money and you didn’t get what you wanted! people grow up no mon is worth your peace! You guys would rather for her to be miserable and standing in presence of a person you can’t get with! Tiny didn’t want to go she had things that was planned ahead of time so even if kandi said yes they still can’t do it! The issue is you all woudnt even have known that he wan

11. socrazy says:

You wouldn’t have known that jermaine wanted them to attend if he didn’t put the list out their for all to see! He knew that they was having problems he should have just asked ahead of time! There’s other artists that wasn’t asked to perform! Again its her business you don’t own her you own her group cds that’s it! Do you own the owner of powerwheels no and you brought their stuff someone did and they worked hard too! All about saying they are comfortable well let’s get it out like this whatever they have now money wise is not from y’all! They gets only a dime off a cd sold! How is that helpful! Then your saying she’s selfish! Well if that was your sistere would you still feel the sameway! If you want to hear them go out and find their albums and get to listening! Every career got someonestating from nothing and then move up from hard work that gets the consumers eyes and wants! You don’t own those people and you don’t own kandi! Tameka should have thought about that from the door! How is it you feel they was selfish I feel like you all are selfish all you think about is what is good for u! You wanted her to set her self up no kandi haves common sense! If you guys cared then you would look at it from her stand point! If a stranger robbs you and then your family who would you be more hurt from!? Your family stealing off of you or utting you down hurst the most of all! They are ones you trusts! That s kandi tameka was like a sister to her you stabb her in the back and lied on her when you know her better! Tameka is mad because kandi is making it and she haves nothing! You wasn’t looking fo r them then don’t exspect them to be there now

• sexy E says:

I think she is being a little selfish too. J.D. should have just asked the other three and left her sorry behind out. Then how do you think she would have felt. Would she have been saying she did not want to be apart of it. No, she would have been mad, because he did not ask he. Grow up and that it go. It is making you look a hundred years old.

12. Aaliyah says:

The answer is probably not, but if a CDN works
    for your site, it could only help your Page Rank,
    and provide an overall great experience for all your users.
    First, you should make sure your article is focused on your keyword.
    These sites would then spam search engines with their copied content.

13. Today the center is a bustling place from morning until night.
    In order to make the campaign profitable, it is usually necessary to mail
    out to many thousands of people, each one a potential customer.

Customers have come to expect full color, so make
    sure to incorporate colors.