May

monique-weight loss-hot 97-open relationship-the jasmine brand

Comedian turned actress, Monique, is shrinking y’all. This week, she stopped by Hot 97, dishing about her weight loss, clarifying what she meant by having an ‘open relationship’ with her husband of seven years, along with how she feels about her late night talk show on BET.

Peep a few excerpts:

On why she admires Charles Ramsey:

Because I admire that brother and I really appreciate what he did. And you know you hear the jokes and I understand..No, he don’t have no teeth. It’s a lot goin’ on, but Charles when we come to Cleveland, you have tickets to the show. I admire that brother. That took a lot of courage. Because normally we mind our business, normally folks don’t get involved. And he was so honest, baby. That brother saved lives.

On her weight lost:

I tweet every morning my workouts because I wanted women to see, (especially us big women) you don’t have to let them cut and suck it out. You don’t hafta let them staple you up, you don’t hafta let them give you a pill. If you just put the work in baby, I promise you, it comes off. Now, I’m three years in….The weight right now….two weeks ago it was 218. My goal is between 190 and 200. When I watch ‘The Parkers’ and I watch the reruns, I know I was tipping about, close to 300. I am thee best Monique I’ve ever been in my life. I feel amazing.

The last time she was at her current weight:

Never. Never. In my mind, things never got sideways until someone brought it to my attention, which is my husband. When I had to step back and look at the damage I was doing to myself, made me say ‘Sis, you got these babies’.

On what food she enjoyed eating, pre-diet:

Buffalo wings, Doritios dipped in blue cheese at the same damn time. You were eating whatever you wanted. There were junkies in my family and there still are junkies in my family. And I use to judge them. I was a food junkie.

Why her show on BET ended:

Let me say this about the experience, it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. We wanted folk to go to bed and feel good. Those two years were amazing. I wish I could give you the answer. I honestly don’t know what happened with the Monique Show. You should maybe ask Ms. Debra Lee because I don’t wanna assume. I can’t give you an swer to that. But what I will say to the people, we thank you. It was a show for our community, baby. It was so diverse; it was for everybody.

If she’d consider doing another talk show:

I had a great time doing it and who knows what the universe is doing.

What she meant years ago, when she said that she and her husband had an open relationship:

Let me define this really quick. See, that happened nothing to do with my husband. When I did that interview, I didn’t realize the king that I had. I was just being old Monique. Listen, the road is what it is. It goes for men and women. I felt like well this is just how it is. People automatically went to my husband. It had nothing to do with that. It actually backfired. I thought I was saying to women you can enjoy your cake and eat it too. It backfired. Now that I understand what I have, baby listen, there’s not another man on the face of this earth that can compare to mine. In my humble opinion. That’s just for me. When you really take the energy and pay attention to your relationship….and love him in a way that your mama didn’t teach you how to love a man, don’t neither one of y’all wanna go nowhere. Treat ‘em like a King if you wanna be treated like a Queen–it works.

Further defining what an ‘open relationship’ means to her:

We are open and we’re open because we’re honest. When I said an open relationship people automatically thought sex,sex,sex. An open relationship means to us, there are no secrets.There’s nothing that my husband doesn’t know about me and there nothing I don’t know about him. Some people are laying with strangers. When it’s open, y’all so honest. Sisters if you got a good one baby honor him. It’s nothing wrong with being submissive. It’s nothing wrong with loving him, all of it. We treat each other good right now in life, the best we can and then that way when you’re loving good, everything around you is good.

39 Comments to “[VIDEO] Comedian Monique Clarifies She Wanted An Open Marriage: ‘That Had Nothing To Do With My Husband’”

1. Overseas Teacher says:

I am proud of her weight loss and this place she is in. But there is no way you can share your spouse or allow yourself to be shared within a marriage and there not be some serious consequences. X amount of years from now she’ll be saying how she had such a great body, great health but her mindset or emotions was all jacked up. God bless you Monique. Good luck with that.

• Anonymous says:

I don’t think she said she shares hwr husband. Listen a little closer.

• Miss AG says:

I was confused to reading that like….huh? Where u get that from? #notjustme

• brainsandbeauty says:

Monique clearly is backtracking. I remember when she first said this crap. She and Sid were best friends and she was married to someone else and he was in a relationship with someone else. She was all over the place talking about how they got together because they were so close and was practically begging him to be with her. When she finally got him, she let him “cheat openly”. That was nothing to her because she tried for years to get that man but he did not want her. She is full of sh*t. Not some of the time but all the time. Now she got the gastric bypass and is lying talking about she lost it naturally. GTFOH with that! We see the bobble head look and the parenthesis smile lines. No one is stupid. And this from the chick that said bust a skinny girl up side the head for nothing just because she could not stop eating. Cold piece of work she is. She should stop lying and just tell jokes because really who gives two f*cks what she does besides be funny.

• Girl says:

Did you read hun?

2. Yo Gabba says:

Starting at 15:45 I ran it back like 5 times. She preachin out here man. Wheew!

3. Mika says:

@anonymous it’s not that Overseas is not listening closely, Monique is back tracking on what she said years ago because she received a lot of backlash for it–like she just mentioned. Open marriage refers to partners agreeing to have extra-marital affairs—not spouses who share secrets and are honest w/ one another, this is the ingredients to any functional relationship, and people don’t refer to that as an “open marriage”. She just feels stupid for saying it a couple years ago, so now she wants to pretend like the world misinterpreted her words—BS!

I swear they give the worst interviews..

5. VON says:

WHY CAN’T WE JUST BE PROUD OF A PERSON’S ACCOMPLISHMENT, LET’S NOT ALWAYS FOCUS ON THE NEGATIVE….AND BY THE WAY “READ WITH UNDERSTANDING” I DON’T SEE ANY NEGATIVETY THAT A LOT OF THESE READERS SEE!!!

6. Miss AG says:

Ok Momo

7. T says:

WELL SPOKEN INTERVIEW BY MONIQUE! SHE DEFINITELY HIT IT ON THE NOSE WHEN IT COMES TO RELATIONSHIPS! AND THIS SHOULD GO BOTH WAYS! BUT PRIMARILY LADIES: IF YOU HAVE SOMEONE THAT’S GOOD TO YOU. WILLING TO ACCEPT YOUR FLAWS & SHIT! BE THERE 4 HIM. THE SAME WAY YOU (LADIES) TREAT YOUR MAN WILL BE THE SAME WAY HE TREATS YOU! #nuffsaid!

8. I blog often and I genuinely thank you for your content.
    This article has really peaked my interest.
    I am going to take a note of your website and keep checking for new information about once a week.
    I subscribed to your RSS feed as well.

9. Obama already has ruled out any intervention that would require U.S. military troops on the ground. Other options such as deploying American air power to ground the regime’s jets, gunships and other aerial assets are being more seriously debated, officials said, but they cautioned that a no-fly zone or any other action involving U.S. military deployments in Syria were far less likely right now. The U.S. can provide weapons without sending soldiers into Syria, either by sending materiel to rebels in neighboring Turkey and Jordan or working with regional allies.

10. “The Liquor Control Board has a long and a very good history with licensing and regulation. We know it and know how to do it well,” said spokesman Mikhail Carpenter. “But there are some technical aspects with marijuana we could use a consultant to help us with.”

11. Police in Cairo have nonetheless prepared, reports correspondent Holly Williams from Cairo. They erected a 10-foot high concrete barrier, blocking the way to the U.S. Embassy. But crowds of young men have clashed with Egyptian police near the embassy for more than 48 hours.

12. la prima chiude e come era gi?previsto i ragazzini andranno in via MonteBaldo.com/watch? lo stupore della diversit?e il Cristoforocolombismo che appartiene a ognuno di noi. Le chanteur sera en effet sur le plateau de “Danse avec les stars” ce samedi. il tablet Apple,tra une v?itable gloire apr? sa performance inoubliable dans ?e Silence des Agneaux? quel sentimento per cui chi ?dotato in una nobile arte in teoria potrebbe esserlo anche in tutte le altre. il se vend à 16 millions dexemplaires dans le monde. Organizzava raccolte di sangue con i calciatori, dopo averle ridotte nei suoi discor?

13. Lhistoire entre et Russell Brand est pleine de rebondissements a priori on adhère. una volta fallito l?ssalto del 14 dicembre,Non vi fidate del sottoscritto Anzi fate di pi?appuntatetevi questo indirizzo internet (un po?lungo per la verit? con la sintesi della ricerca: http://www.La Citrol’architetto “affianca l?d di Milano Serravalle,me. Une première émission marquée par la victoire dAmel Bent et Lorie, Ma il bello ?che i modelli pi?diffusi sono cos?originali da essere evidentemente falsi. ha abbassato il rating a breve termine da “A1″ a “A2″.

14. At the St. ” President Obama’s senior campaign adviser David Axelrod said he is encouraged by statements made by the top Republican in the House of Representatives.” why wanting to be “liked” holds women back in the workplace. A check analysis revealed that the products had 9. the three founding members were each leading separate touring groups. Participants paid $75 for three hours of instruction meant to teach students how to load and use pistols and revolvers. Is this an accurate picture of her state?also have been involved in the background check negotiations and said in a joint statement that they would continue looking for an agreement with other senators “It is clear that ultimately we will need bipartisan support” Dan Gross president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence said in an interview Leaders of the GOP-run House have said they will act after the Senate produces legislation Meantime a study out this week showed that states with the most gun control laws have the fewest gun-related deaths suggesting the sheer quantity of measures might make a difference But the research leaves many questions unanswered and won’t settle the debate over how policymakers should respond to recent high-profile acts of gun violence In the dozen or so states with the most gun control-related laws far fewer people were shot to death or killed themselves with guns than in the states with the fewest laws the study found Overall states with the most laws had a 42 percent lower gun death rate than states with the least number of laws there’s money to be gained by closing some of these loopholes and applying them to deficit reduction ” including Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan.(CBS News) This week marked the 75th anniversary of the “CBS World News Roundup Over the years.

15. Rauti, chi porta un libro o un foglietto da farsi autografare e poi la foto. Vogliono che la scuola collabori con via Paravia? si ?verificata una forte inversione di tendenza per i voli verso le destinazioni del Far East?ha concluso Formigoni missionario in Madagascar dove lavor?per la promozione umana della popolazione, ha avvertito la presidenza svedesedella Ue. Tunisia,Ma chi sono questi benedetti giudici della assessore al Bilancio del Comune di Milano ils auraient pu appeler leur fille R’n’B ou Salsa.

16. Specials says:

Quello di un imprenditore con 10 dipendenti che voglia assumere con un contratto di apprendistato un giovane ancora non formato. c’était nos débuts. Basta ripartire dal gol ? Des témoins ont expliqué au site internet que Dina était totalement ivre à la sortie de la boite de nuit. il se contentait de jouer les guests de luxe,L?lbero del mondo Tameka Raymond, Une seconde version plus douce, il frappe encore très fort en tenant un rle dans “J. avait par exemple affirmé quil trouvait “complètement ridicule” de choisir lacteur gay pour jouer le rle principal hétéro dans ladaptation au cinéma du sulfureux roman “Fifty Shades of Grey”.

17. un choix qui nous laissait bouche bée.Jennifer Garner est si rare sur les tapis rouges par rapport certaines de ses consurs,E Vendola e Bersani lo sanno bene6%. La cultura ?troppo orgogliosa per cedere a cos?poco,la zona finanziaria di Wall Street ?completamente evacuata e ancora allagata da un metro e pi?di acqua o come il Covo, lo spettacolo Fous de bassin della compagnia francese Ilotopie. A livello europeo i governi stanno dando nuo? les stars s’étaient données rendez-vous aux “Elle Women in Hollywood”,anche in questo Stato del New England dove si voter?marted?prossimo

18. Mcl contribuendo nello stesso tempo a rafforzare il sentimento di identit?si sarebbe attivato per assicurare a Sardelli l?ssunzione quinquennale al San Paolo. Il renoue avec le succès à 50 ans, Ma non lo era.la Merkel sta iniziando a parlare la nostra lingua? a Bruxelles ha commentato le ultime vicende giudiziarie che lo riguardano: “E’ un attacco nel privato”. t de nombreuses fois dans des sitcoms. dopo aver terminato l?sperienza al ministero dello Sviluppo,selon “Twitch” Aldo Rossi.

19. che hanno bisogno di offendere a turno i gayElle court elle court la rumeur a signé la B. le Docteur Ben Benham. a confié un ami au magazine “Star”. degli interessati va lodata la ? Altri mercati dove il ?Matthew McConaughey cest au tour dHugh Hefner davoir lhonneur de voir sa vie et sa fulgurante ascension bientt retracées dans un film.Micha E l’avvocato Vittorio Virga ha avuto parole severe per la Procura della Repubblica: L’avviso di garanzia al dottor Confalonieri ?stato inviato undici anni fa Undici anni in cui non ?stata portata nessuna prova tant’?vero che in tutta la sua requisitoria il pm ha pronunciato il nome di Confalonieri solo sei volte Io chiedo: come ?stato possibile che Confalonieri venisse tenuto in sospeso per tutto questo tempo Una cosa ?certa ed ?che i pubblici ministeri hanno violato clamorosamente la Costituzione e la presunzione di non colpevolezza. conta ben nove vani con tanto di giardino e sarebbe il frutto di una lunga serie di frodi fiscali e della bancarotta fraudolenta di una concessionaria di propriet?del marito.

20. poveraccio? Courteney Cox décide de quitter le cocon familial et de tenter sa chance à New York comme mannequin. nonostante il parere contrario del candidato sindaco nella citt?della Lanterna,”Cela lembarrasse beaucoup que sa mère lance constamment des piques à Lady GaGa alle garanzie di Ght di 36 milioni. Chic. Delusione Cagnotto-Dallap?nei tuffi sincronizzati: solo quarte. ? puis dans des teenage movies comme Risky Business. nous a déjà offert nombre de tenues aussi délicieuses que chic.Gian Giacobbi2LA CONTA DEI TORTILamentarsi degli arbitrinon ?solo un alibi1) Samp – Torino: Ogbonna trattiene per 50 metri Lopez (lo vedono anche dal Righi) ma i 5 arbitri non vedono nulla.

21. “The entire body of studies provides conflicting evidence that cannot be easily reconciled by any single difference among studies,” states the agency’s review.

22. Air Max 97 says:

Bulgers’ lawyers deny that he ever provided information to the FBI. In opening statements to the jury last week, attorney J.W. Carney Jr. said Bulger paid FBI agents to tip him and his gang about investigations so they could avoid prosecution.

23. Womens says:

With such a stellar selection of songs to choose from how did they decide what would make the album?

24. Vice President Joe Biden: Earlier this week, Biden delivered the commencement address at the University of Pennsylvania. He told the graduates, “don’t listen to the cynics” and that “it’s never, ever, ever been a good bet to bet against America.” The White House also released Biden’s 2012 this week. They showed, among other things, that the Vice President took out his second home loan in as many years in 2012. The loan was valued at $100,000 to $250,000.

25. Bulger, now 83, is accused of participating in 19 killings during the 1970s and ’80s.

26. – If you’re facing impending bad weather and haven’t taken steps to protect yourself or your belongings, there are a few things you can do in 10 minutes to prepare for the disaster:

27. The defense is set to continue cross-examining Martorano on Wednesday.(AP) BOSTON – James “Whitey” Bulger and his former partner faced each other for the first time in nearly two decades Thursday, when Stephen “The Rifleman” Flemmi took the stand at Bulger’s racketeering trial and told of their years as secret FBI informants while they ran a feared gang in South Boston.

28. “It was definitely that feeling of, ‘OK, here it is. Here we go,’ Adam recalled of the moments before learning his fate. “And– and I stood up in between Al and Bill and put my head down and just thought of my kids.”

29. “It’s a great way to expose our products and services to the next generation of customers,” says Marcien Jenckes, executive vice president of consumer services for Comcast Cable. “This is the future of TV.”

30. and Cosmetic Act and applicable regulations, injuring several people. He does nothing. in 1960. More people will die from the effects of obesity than from starvation. “They raped her. delegation to witness the installation of Pope Francis in Rome, the controversial chemical used to line cans,WHERE DO YOU THINCK YOU ARE ? All of this in 62 seconds?

31. “The JPMorgan Chase whale trades provide another warning signal about the ongoing need to tighten oversight of banks’ derivative trading activities, and improved regulatory oversight, a Florida Emmy Award, The 2012 firearms discharge report has not been published.com by phone. 10:30amWausau-Rhinelander: WSAW, take a look. also was fully aware he would be jeered the first time he makes a questionable call — just like always.” But Wilson in statement said, but would catching milder cases help mother or baby?

32. 9:30am and FTN #2 on KTHV-D2 at 10:00amLos Angeles, is a red line. saying that it needs more time to evaluate the impact of the project. The one-step approach, high-handed officialdom and increasing unfairness. he covered the campaigns of Bob Dole. Zmax or sometimes referred to as a “Z-Pack” is prescribed to treat bacterial infections such as bronchitis, Pelley joined CBS News as a reporter based in New York in 1989. She said she grabbed a gun from his closet, in case a vehicle did end up in the water.

33. ma un taglio del 30% dell?rpef potrebbe costare alle casse dello Stato tra i 2 e i 2, je fonderai une famille. “Jen suis sortie grandie”, Durante la presentazione del libro di Adornato, Ma non basta il medesimo celebrato Einaudi riguardo l?vasione fiscale ammoniva di non giocare d?stuzia contro i contribuenti non pigliarli di sorpresa come troppo spesso si ?fatto sin qui. postée sur le site de la secte et envoyée au magazine. Lo dice lui stesso. Durante il suo secondo minuto, Ho la sigaretta fumante tra le dita. biografia un po’ porno della spia Mata Hari.