May

roy williams-denies domestic abuse-dirty laundry-the jasmine brand

Earlier today, Kelly Rowland released a ear-catching song called, ‘Dirty Laundry‘. On the track, Kelly shares raw memories of an ex-boyfriend who was abusive to her. She sings:

I was battered, he hit in a window like it was me until it shattered///He pulled me out, he said, ‘Don’t nobody love you but me, not your mama, not your daddy, and especially not B.’

After the track was released, a few folk began to speculate about exactly who was this former boyfriend. Back in  2005, Kelly was engaged to NFLer Roy Williams, but just two months before the wedding, it was called off.

roy williams-denies dirty laundry-kelly rowland song-the jasmine brand

Kelly-Rowland-Modern-Bride-roy williams-dirty laundry-the jasmine brand

When asked about why she called off the engagement, she told Britain’s Daily:

I wanted that wedding. I wanted to be married. You can just make wrong decisions in life. That was all part of growing up. I just think it’s important to trust your gut. I did a lot of soul-searching afterwards, and I want to be married, so dating is part of that process.

And while that’s a vintage relationship, some inquiring minds were wondering if Kelly was hinting at Roy, in ‘Dirty Laundry’. After hearing the song, Roy took to twitter denying that he is the man being referenced in the song. He wrote:

So Kelly has a new song. Called #DirtyLaundry.. & what ever she’s saying in it ppl thinks it’s me. #wow #imnottheonlypersonshedated #wasntme

Screen shot 2013-05-15 at 7.42.03 PM

Kelly is yet to respond or expand on the lyrics of the song. Click here to listen.

6 Comments to “Kelly Rowland’s Ex Boyfriend, Roy Williams, Denies He Was Abusive: ‘It Wasn’t Me’”

1. Miss AG says:

Y he acting like he didn’t listen to that song….stop faking u know exactly wats being said….no matter if she talking about u or not.

2. vapariga says:

Somebody sounds a little guilty! He sure didn’t waste any time with a response to a relationship that was 7 YEARS ago! Funny. Fact or fiction, that could’ve been anybody or nobody for that matter, it’s a song. So who knew?! Now everyone does…lol

• DIVA says:

I agree he sure did bark fast. The song was just released and he already testifying that it was not him. Well if he would have did his research she was actually talking about a relationship 10 yrs ago so that would make it around 2003 and he wasnt even around at that time so we know its not him. He must be guilty of something though….hmmmm. I commend Kelly on putting the song out because a lot of times us as fans think that they life is picture perfect when all along its not. I knew she had to feel some jealousy towards Beyonce even though they are like sisters due to the fact Beyonce was the one getting all the fame just because her father was over them. I think they have a good relationship that is why she is able to put that out there now. Team Kelly!

3. Joy says:

I don’t neccessarily think he’s guilty I think he responded because people were automatically assuming and saying it was him because that was her last serious relationship not to mention she was engaged to him.

4. polkadot_kushh says:

I give my all to. miss kelly rowland for expressin hersself n ways thhats been needing. To come. Out for along time. . There’s a lot of women out here that’s she is speaking for and by her speaking out annd getiing that off her chest I commend her forr the honesty

5. Jamaican girl says:

She speaks of what happened after destinys child broke up which was around 2006 and Bey was killing it he was the only permanent thing around her to the point of engagement in her lyrics she said admitted to finding herself in calling off her wedding she said it was because she did a soul search of herself obviously she saw she could not live under whatever condition she might state wrong yrs in the song so people don’t point fingers but come on she did give valid info to calculate a time period by saying Bey was killing it while she was down and out