May

lauren london-vibe vixen-the jasmine brand

Taking over their June digital issue, Vibe Vixen snags actress Lauren London, just in time to promote her latest film, Baggage Claim. While most of us are intrigued by the fact that she’s one of Lil Wayne’s baby mamas, the 28-year-old actress first started off as eye candy on popular music videos with folk like Tyrese and Ludacris. Later, we took even more notice, when she played opposite T.I. in the film ATL as ‘New New’ and moved on to HBO’s ‘Entourage’. Fast forward to the present day and she’s opening up to VV about her love life (“I’m not dating at all. I don’t know if I’ll have the time. But I’m very fiery and sassy, so I need someone to keep up with that.”), trying to remain private while sharing a child with a rock star named Lil Wayne (“If they want to see more of me, go rent your movies or watch the show.”) and what it’s like playing Terrence J’s fiance in the new David E. Talbert film. Peep a few excerpts.

You get a lot of bullsh*t, especially in the media. Have you always had that will to fight back in you?

I’m not going to front. I’m not a lover, I’m a fighter. I will forget that I am Hollywood and get Holly-hood [Laughs].

But a lot of gossip is just rumors since you’re so private.

I was always a private person. My business is my business. I have a small group of friends, and I just like the simple things out of life. My privacy is something that I value. I’m also socially awkward.

No way. Really?

Yeah. I get nervous in large crowds. I’m approachable though because I’m just like you. I just have a different job.

With you being a private person and all, when you got pregnant, what was going through your mind?

The public was the last thought. Most of my thoughts were on my family and inner circle. It was mostly how is this affecting Lauren as a person and is Lauren ready to completely put herself to the side and be a mother. My priorities were changing. My career was last. Before ATL, people didn’t know about me. I auditioned for ATL and no one cared who I was. I was a regular girl in L.A. who auditioned and got the role. No one knew I was doing it and I did it. No one gave me that. I did that. They can’t take what they didn’t give. God has the last say, so I just trust that. Is it an uphill battle? Yes. But isn’t everything? I’m not starving.

Family – you were worried about how they would take it?

Well, you know, it’s another human being in the world. That affects everybody, and one thing I learned about life is that your choices don’t just affect you, it affects everybody connected to you.

Click here to read the full interview.

13 Comments to “Lauren London Says When She Got Pregnant With Lil Wayne’s Child, The Public’s Opinion Was The Last Thing On Her Mind”

1. Mrs.Vee says:

Cute Ms. London do your thang!!!! glad to see you doing big things on your own your personal life is just that personal!!!! who else noticed a young MiMi from LHHA in that Pharell video ?

2. hengage tuni says:

4 children, 4 mothers

fuck lil wayne

I wish i can meet you lauren London in person.

Dominique
    I wish she was lesbian.. I like!!!

6. sabrina baldwin says:

your son is very beautiful dont let anyone tell you different…… :)

7. Q-Tez says:

I love you

8. your#1fan says:

OMG ILY DONT WORRY ABOUT THAT BCUZ YOURE AN AMZING ACTOR AND YOU INSPIRE ME AND I LOVE YOU DIMPLES AND ALL THE HATER LEAVIN COMMENT THEY CAN SHUT THE FUCK UP BECAUSE THEY JUST HATIN ILY U (NEW NEW NEW)

9. your#1fan says:

OH YEAH AND ANOTHER THING YOUR SON IS BEAUTIFUL AND IM SURE LIL WAYNE IS A GREAT DAD AND ALL THEM HATRS HATIN CUZ THEY DIDNT GET SMASHED BY WAYNE HE CUTE RICH AND A GREAT PERSON JUST LET THEM HATERS HATE I WISH I COULD MEET YOU IT WOULD BE MY HONOR

Can I be your next baby father

11. Join a stroller club Get motivated with other Mums, form a group and go jogging at a regular time each week. The cell poem would be a wonderful incentive to remind those who might forget where crime can lead hopefully some have posted it on their fridge.You won’t ever be successful without the risk of failure, and you sure aren’t going to be successful just sitting on the fence thinking about it. So we want people with a thirst to stay on the cutting edge, who welcome continued professional development.
    chaussure nike free 5.0 http://www.commune-bernadets.fr/dossierviergejoomla/free-run-5.0-nike.html

12. christian louboutins shoesGreetings from Idaho!
    I’m bored to death at work so I decided to check out your website on my iphone during lunch
    break. I love the information you present here and can’t wait
    to take a look when I get home. I’m surprised at how fast your
    blog loaded on my cell phone .. I’m not even using WIFI,