May

tina campbell-teddy campbell-mary mary-admits to more marriage issues-the jasmine brand

It’s no secret–gospel singer Tina Campbell (of Mary Mary) and her husband, Teddy, have had their share of marital issues. In a recent interview with EBONY magazine, Tina shared that her husband had been unfaithful to her in the past:

Once I became aware [of the affair], I initially wanted to kill my husband. I was considering adjusting the will, the living trust and all that kind of stuff. I did physically try to stab him. Several times-I never got to the point of physical harm, not really, but my words. My words hurt.

And it appears that the two are still working on their marriage, openly sharing their struggles with the world. Tina recently wrote a message on Mary Mary’s web site, asking folk to pray for their marriage:

Hi fans and friends. It’s Tina. I hope all of you are well and I thank you for all the love and support you’ve shown my sister and I over the years. Well,  Im actually writing you on behalf of my husband Teddy and I. I’m assuming that many of you have seen or heard about our article in Ebony that discussed the challenges of overcoming infidelity in our marriage. Well since the article, the challenges have worsened. My hope turned into hopelessness & despair and I became unwilling to forgive and fight, until God showed me myself. My husband’s struggle, was with sexual immorality BUT I have struggled with anger, rage, unforgiveness, pride, just to name a few, for over 2 decades. The devil wanted to use strongholds that took hold of our lives in our childhood, to remain and destroy us as adults. So now instead of being mad at each other we’re mad at the devil and we’re ready to fight. Today we began a 30 day fast (May 24th-June 22nd) for complete deliverance & restoration. If u are able to, please fast and/or pray daily that God would answer our prayers and give us a deeper love & commitment to him and to each other. We believe he still works miracles and he can give us the greatest marriage we could have ever imagined. We can pray alone BUT your prayers will certainly help.

tina campbell-teddy campbell-mary mary-admits to more marriage issues-b-the jasmine brand

She continues her message, suggesting scriptures for prayer:

2 Chronicles 7:14. “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”

James 5:16. “Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.

Thanks in advance. Talk to you in 30 days. Tina & Teddy

Well I’ll say this, it takes a lot of courage to open up to the world about such a sensitive and personal subject. P.S. Do you think sharing their story was harmful or helpful to their marriage?

mary mary-ebony magazine-tina campbell-the jasmine brand

41 Comments to “Tina Campbell Of Mary Mary, Says Marriage Problems Have Gotten Worse Since Publicly Discussing Husband’s Affair, Asks For Fans to Pray”

1. Razzi says:

i think there story was helpful. Sometimes, there is an accountability that comes from things being put on the forefront. Now, not only is her husband accountable for his actions towards her, he also has the community looking to see if he will do the right thing.

2. shannon says:

This is really sad. I hope things only get better for the two. It takes a very strong person to address this so publicly. That’s her choice and you can only respect that!!

3. lala says:

wow in Jesus name their marriage will be better and stronger! Will keep them in my prayers!

4. The Mrs says:

Ok just dont tell your business because regardless its between you and him. If u stay people will say u are a fool and if u leave people will say u quit on your marriage. especially when u have kids then they will know their dad is a cheater if you stay together. Just keep it private only they can decide if they want to stay together.

5. KAREN PETERSON says:

DEAR TINA FIRST AND FOREMOST GOD KNOWS WHAT IS BEST. I LOVE YOU, AND TRUST GOD AND THAT WILL BE ALL YOU WILL NEED . FORGET ABOUT WHAT THE WORLD THINKS AND FOCUS ON TEDDY YOUR FAMILY AND YOU BOTH WILL PREVAIL.

6. Jama says:

Tina ends her message with “Talk to you in 30 days”. She has chosen to report to the public about her marriage problems. I think this is a mistake. It is not necessary for Tina to give a report to the fans, like we need to be updated. I hope they can work things out, but they need to stay focused on themselves (privately).

• DIVA says:

So True! Talk to you in 30 days…hmmm….if you are going on a fast and trusting in God to fix this situation you should not be reporting back the public in 30 days. You should have said at the end something like this “I am believing that when we (me & my husband…not the public) come out of this fast God would have moved in our relationship and ALL WILL BE WELL. Thank you God for doing what I know you can & will do in our life. Amen” Now that is how she should have ended the letter.

• vapariga says:

Agree with you on this also (and @TheMrs)…just because they’re in the public eye, some things need to remain private & sacred. Praying and wishing them the best, especially with all of those babies.

• Kellen says:

That is the problem with Christians today. We don’t want to show our wounds. Tina did the best thing possible by showing the Word James 5:16. The Apostle Paul always told of how he once persecuted God’s people. This was not to make himself look good/bad but to show how God works miracles. When God works out there marriage and the whole world sees, this can be a testimony to many that God is REAL!

7. MBS says:

I wish them all the best. However, going public with this information was not a well thought out idea. There’s sharing and then there is over sharing. You life struggles don’t always need to be a teaching tool for the world, especially with this type of situation. I understand it is a painful issue but inviting the public and their opinions into such a painful thing will only worsen the existing issues. I hope she decides to pull back on the over sharing and stay to mundane topics on all social media.

8. Chile says:

Wow how lucky of him to get her to put the blame on the devil instead of himself. Yes you could have had a messed up childhood but really he’s the one that went on and cheated on her. Don’t blame the devil blame yourself. He’s either really dumb or really clever for that one.

9. Ms. ross says:

Girl, what are you praying for?!..God already revealed to you what type of man he is. Your first instinct was to change the game on his ass, that is what you should’ve done. Stop believing what a man say, and trust
    God.

10. You can tell her husband isnt comfortable being on the show. He sems to be more of a private person. Telling the world his business was a mistake. You have a huge family that could have prayed. You have a wise mother that knows how to pray. Telling your pastor would have been enough. Not even to mention that everyone doesnt like you inviting more opposition from those who will pray against you. Unfortunately evil exists and many are being used mightily. I hope all works out for her if for no other reason all those precious babies

11. Mrs. J says:

Tina what you’ve done was very brave. There are christian married couples that are going through the same thing, and seeing you trust in God through this situation will and could give those others hope and strength. I always say to my friends that someone always has to be crucified for others. Jesus went through the ultimate crucifixion though. You are going through this not just for yourself, but to help someone else that may not know the way. Thank you for sharing and may God bless your marriage. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path.” Proverbs 3:5-6

12. Miss AG-the other view says:

How many ppl watch their show? How many of you had any idea there was marriage trubl of this kind. How many of u would blast about how fake the show was when this news is finally hit us…..not by them…..because they didn’t show those arguments? Ok then but I’m not done.

We all know the side pieces are making $$$$ telling the word they are home wreckers. Who is to say that was not about to happen so the took the step to have control over the matter. U didn’t see nutten about cheating on the show so thats says they didn’t want to put such delicate matter out there so something forced their hand.

Plz understand there is someone out there trying to make a name for themself and is trying to locate the home wrecker so plz don’t be surprized if we get to put a face and name to the misery they are currently experiencing.

• m&m says:

1st I have to say- what is up with her hand in the picture??? It’s like jumbo size and all wrinkle?
      I think you might be on to something AG- I’ve always said “Tina goes EXTRA hard for her marriage” when you watch the show. But it could have been brewing in between takes. One things fans of the show can say, is Tina tells it like it is and holds no punches so for her to come out public with this fits with her character. I admire her brave stance. It’s easy to put on a facade and keep everything in the closet, it takes courage to own your mess and be open with it. I love those two, and can’t wait for the next season.

13. 916ShanShan says:

It’s between God and the people married. Cheating or having an affair is an act of leaving a marriage. When a person has done this they have already left the marriage. Something to think about. Oh yes, PS this is not my opinion. :)

The look H O T! on the cover- great look! (i bet googoo didn’t style them).

15. Memi says:

First of all, ALL the negative comments needs to be deleted. I’m grateful she talked about this situation public, because people who look up to their family might be going through the same thing, and if you look between the lines and stop judging the message you will get is. Even through they are famous and have almost everything in the world the possibly want. They are human and go through trials like any other person. This is a TEST and it help and give courage to others who are going through the same struggling’s and don’t know how to handle them. I appreciate this TINA please disregard all negative comments you have not made any mistake. In fact I believe you did the right thing giving hope to others.

• Kellen says:

I agree Memi. Just like a said before we have to learn to show our wounds like Jesus showed his wounds to the disciples that they might believe. (Doubting Thomas) No one on the Earth is better than Jesus. If he showed his wounds, why can’t we.

16. Chantel says:

Tina, I am soo sorry to hear about your husband fidelty. I really thought you went over and beyond to please your family, especially your husband but it’s true. The truth always prevail. This is his evil and not yours, he decided to step out of the marriage and live a lie. I do understand how you feel. I have been married for 15 years and my husband had numerous affairs and still thinks he’s not at fault. Reader don’t judge, when you have five kids, it’s not as easy. I have prayed and like yourself, bought it to light because I am not at fault with his decisions. Honestly, I am not sure what I would do but bringing it to light, help me assessed the whole picture better. I still do love him but I am tired of all the lies and manipulation. Infact, what does love got to do with it? I think your reality might encourage others to open up and come out of the denials… I think you did well and from one hurt woman to another, I am proud of you and I will continue to pray for your blessings and deliverance.

17. thatgirl_brii says:

Well .. me personally would not forgive him on that not because

18. thatgirl_brii says:

* Me personally wouldn’t be able too forgive him on that level .. I know that the devil’s plan is too mess up your life .. but sometimes you have too take self blame for certain things especially like that because that was just straight up wrong.com… I guess thats just me though..But i’ll send prayers out for her & her household too heal..

• MTyree says:

“But if you do not forgive men their suns, Your Father will not forgive your sins.” Mathew 6:15
      Salvation is hinged on forgiveness…Christ forgave you, so you must forgive others. If not, them you cancel out His forgiveness…is unforgiveness really worth hell’s fire?

19. Fay says:

Tina God bless you for your humility and humbleness to ask for help don’t worry about what people say only Gods word will stand. I Pray a renewed foundation of Jesus in both of your lives and your Marriage . Stay strong God is able.

• Gayle says:

Fay, I stand in total agrement with you. Tina, hold on to your faith and know that God can do all things, but fail. Tina, I’m praying for you and your husbands renewed love, joy and peace be restored back into your marriage. Stand still and watch God move.

20. UniquelyBrave says:

I think it’s admirable to share our stories and request prayer, but there must always be wisdom. Sharing prematurely has everyone looking sideways at both of them. You can’t heal talking too much. It’s ok to sit yourself down and seek wise counsel while you heal, then the two of you can come out about it as a united front IF that’s what God wants. Of course things got worse, because it was shared out of emotion not from a place of healing. Lesson learned. Now instead of judging them, we pray with them and ask God to heal, set free, deliver, and restore. God can do all things! We cover them and their children and entire family in prayer! We love you Tina. I’ve been there! God can heal! One of the books he led me to was “Surviving Infidelity.” It spoke to everything I was feeling and gave me great insight into what he was feeling as hard as it was to accept. The forgiveness came because I chose it and with God, I was determined to hold on to it. My situation ended because he wasn’t willing to change. Still, I left whole and with nothing byt love and forgiveness in my heart. I had some dark days, but I made it. You can make it Tina! You both can! Be quiet and stay in prayer. When it’s time to speak out, it will be led by God and from a place of healing.

21. TRULYBLESSED says:

I can’t speak for anyone else but I think that it made perfect sense for her to share her story, being that she is a public figure there is no such thing as privacy. It’s better that she told their story (the truth) before the media got a hold of it and manipulated it. I personally admire her for being able to forgive and want to work on the relationship because after infidelity in a prior relationship, I gave up and walked away with 3 kids, however what works for one person doesn’t fly with the next. We all have our trials (we were promised that) how we choose to handle those trials is up to us not the next person, because no one knows her situation but her, Teddy and God. Bottom line our opinions on the situation don’t mean squat!!!! Praying for peace, mercy and understanding………

22. football girl says:

I feel 4-Tina I just found out in March that my husband of 15 years had a 6 month affair with a drugie whore…It hurts really bad but praise Jesus he has come 100% clean and is doing all the things that our Doctor is telling him when we go for those long 2 hour sessions. I understand it isn’t my fault at all. It can happen 2-anyone if U do not put Jesus first in your life. No one would ever think my husband is the cheating kind but he did it, out of work 4 a while ,depressed…not counting his blessings…thanking God our children were healthy,we were healthy,we own our home & cars…we had a few $$$ it meant nothing becuz all he kepted thinking was I don’t have any work when will I get work then when he got blessed with work he meant this girl half his age on the job and started lusting my husbands the shy type she pushed up on him and he went for it.Now with the help of our Doctor he sees that he should of never given her a ride home the first time and to ask himself what is it in U that U wanted 2 play this game? Let me say that looks have nothing 2 do with it I look 24 and I’m 42. I’ve always been ashamed of how young looking I am not any more I’ve been a Christian since age 9 and I married the 2nd m an I dated .This situation has made me proud that Jesus saved me at an early age I’m not ashamed that Jesus protected me from drugs, alcohol and sleeping around. My husband got saved 3 years b-4 I met him. I’m not a worldly girl so I thought he missed the world so he got with some young drugie and they even got high on pills 2-gether like Tina’s hubby I’m sure his behavior with the other woman was different from with Tina.I hope like me Tina feels proud and not ashamed of her up bringing and of the woman God has made her. I felt corney at times my husband would always say “I’m glad you’ve never been high b-4 ” but I would some times feel soooo corney. I certainly experienced life as a flight attendant and NFL cheerleader 4-6 years and I’m not a judgmental person but I am not praying 4- this girl who stayed in my husbands face and if we didn’t have kids no matter how great our personal love-story is I would not remain in this marriage.Cheating is 2-painful but my husband is doing the work and he regrets the affair. I don’t hide my tears I hope Tina is letting him see her cry I’m a strong woman but we have 2-let our best friend who hurt us in a way that is so awful that Jesus said we get get out of this thing if we so choose we have 2-stop being strong and let the person see our pain. it kills my husband when things come up that trigger me 2-tears becuz I don’t cry unless my team loses! I’m greatful 2- Jesus and my husband has never seen this girl again…he is not a flirt and he doesn’t hide his phone or any thing sneaky like he did b-4 .I knew something was up but I would never think he was cheating.If U don’t really put Jesus first by not saying but doing what is right when you feel like doing wrong it can happen. It’s black & white it’s not super hard don’t put your self in situations where your tempted…

• football girl says:

I mean tempted 2-do anything over-eat, gossip whatever it maybe it may-b there’s power in this!!!

23. lisa says:

Well, been reading these commentcomments, yes Tina shared its like damn if u do or don’t. Your marriage is sacred, u took a vow an oath. People gonna talk, whatever, you and hubby will be fine whether u make it or not. Its the both of you choice your marriage. Whatever u do, do not blame yourself.

24. denise says:

I watch u ladies quite often and I enjoy your ministry. just want to say may GODS PEACE that passes all understanding give u rest in this moment of pain and the unseen lifepains to come. we all have them. HE never promised that our crosses we carry wouldn’t get heavy at times but HE promised that if we just ask HE would carry them for us. BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL.

25. denise says:

YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY AND DONT YOU BE AFRAID…JOY COMES IN THE MORNING ..TROUBLES THEY DONT LAST ALWAYS. FOR THERES A FRIEND NAME JESUS..WHO WILL WIPE YOUR TEARS AWAY..AND IF YOUR HEART IS BROKEN..JUST LIFT YOUR HANDS AND SAY..I KNOW THAT I CAN MAKE IT I KNOW THAT I CAN STAND ..NO MATTER WHAT MAY COME MY WAY..MY LIFE IS IN YOUR HANDS.

26. FAVOUR says:

I AM SO SORRY TINA DON’T WORRY THE LORD WILL FIGHT THIS BATTLE FOR YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND MAY THE PEACE OF THE LORD BE WITH YOU

27. Daijah sims says:

I am 15 and this is the couple that inspired me to ever want to get married I agree that telling the public was a smart because everything behind closed doors can’t be fixed I love you Mrs.campbell and wish you the best

28. SHIRLEY says:

MRS.CAMPBELL I KNOW WHAT YOU GOING THROUGH BEEN THERE MYSELF.BUT WTH GOD’S HELP YOU GONE BE ALRIGHT.YOU KEEP PRAYING FOR YOUR MARRIAGE. AND DON’T LET THE DEVIL STILL YOUR MARRIAGE FROM YOU .YOU HURT I KNOW THE PAIN YOU IN.YOU LISTEN TO YOUR HEART AND GOD’S VOICE WITHIN YOU. LET THE HOLY SPIRIT DIRECT YOUR HEART. I WILLBE PRAYING FOR YOU, THAT GOD HEAL YOUR MARRIAGE IN JESUS NAME AMEN

I broke up with my girlfriend last 2 months due to many misunderstandings i was fighting so hard to get her back. none of her friends would give me any information about her. The only thing I could do was to go find help from anywhere, so i looked for a way to get her back then a friend recommended me to contact robinsonbuckler@yahoo. com that he will help me and as my friend said, Mr robinson helped me to bring back my girlfriend just in 3 days, I now have her back and this is the biggest joy of my life