Jul

Written by tjbwriteratlanta in Blog

torrei hart-talks kevin harts new girlfriend-the jasmine brand

If you’ve seen Kevin Hart’s latest comedic film, ‘Let Me Explain’, then you’re well aware that he’s been transparent about his marital issues. In fact, he speaks quite candidly about how and why his divorce ended. His ex-wife, actress/comedian Torrei, has also been open about their marriage ending. In a recent interview with Bossip, the Philly native talked about her relationship with Kevin’s girlfriend of two years, Eniko Parrish, what she really thought of his newest movie and why she suggested he file for divorce. Peep a few excerpts.

torrei hart-discusses kevin harts girlfriend-the jasmine brand

The status of her relationship with Kevin’s girlfriend:

You know, we’re not enemies, but we’re not friends. We’re cordial when we see one another. In my opinion it’s all about respect. Respect me, and I’ll respect you. We don’t have to be friends. We’ll never be friends. But if you respect me, I’ll respect you. I think, you know, mutual respect.

Her thoughts on ‘Let Me Explain':

I thought it was funny. I thought it was good. I thought he talked about me a lot. So, overall it was a very, very, very good movie.

torrei hart-comments on kevin harts girlfriend and let me explain-the jasmine brand

Divorcing Kevin:

I told him if divorce is something that he really wants, because I’m not going to sit around and wait for you to sell your oats, and think that you can run around town and then come back to me. I’m not that type of woman either. So I said ‘If you really want a divorce, I think you should file the divorce. File the papers.’ And he did that about a year and a half later, he finally filed the papers. And I guess I kind of pushed him to file the papers, because it’s either you’re going to file, or you’re gonna you know, come back home. But I’m not going to just sit around and wait for you to do everything that you want to do because you’re famous now and then think it’s okay. Maybe it would’ve been different had we not been in the spotlight, but you know when the spotlight is on you, you just can’t display certain types of behavior.

What’s more? Recently, we chatted with the “Pretty Funny Fish” co-creator about her Hollywood plans and it seems we may be seeing her on non scripted TV. She confirmed she is working with the producers of VH1’s ‘Hollywood Exes’ on a new reality show and is working with Russell Simmons’ newest online venture, ‘All Def Digital.’

[Instagram, Bossip]

23 Comments to “Torrei Hart Comments On Kevin Hart’s Girlfriend, Explains Why She Suggested Kevin Hart File For Divorce”

1. Chels says:

Wow…good for her.

2. Nikki says:

That’s right girl! Kevin is wrong for letting Hollywood poison him. He better hope hi new girl stays around…well as long as his money is long she will. Karma will soon visit his door step.

3. pree says:

Now that’s a grown ass WOMAN. She is site to have positivity in get life because she isn’t exuding hate or any undertones about Kevin. And yes money does change people; either you let it make you an asshole or it will make you appreciate your fortune and humble you.

4. marilyn says:

I, Love Kevin Hart, let the man be happy. i say do you mr hart, live your life,have fun doing it.

5. Aaron says:

He clearly does appreicate how hes developed to the man he is now, he has nothing but praise.

6. Adly (OG-Adly) facebook: Adly BiigMeech Alfred Instagram: Wavy_3hunna says:

If she were a Good wife then she would Understand that Of course since he’s famous now, there’s going to be a lot of moving around and stuff because if he doesn’t go Anywhere how is he going to be able to make money and support he’s family?…You want the nigga to sit around and not go no where and then you probably would’ve ended up leaving him for doing just that smh….Thank God He left you because you the type of women that doesn’t allow their men to succeed.

kevin shouldn’t have left his family, his ex-wife was there when he did have shit and stand by his side while he rose to the top. That all good for now, but he better to know god have a way of making you cross that bridge that you burned. Why would he leave his family for someone who is just around for the money. Let that money disappear and she will too, because it is nothing like real loyalty type of love and that is what his ex give him. Put it like this if can’t look at the you love and be able to say” I WOULD LOVE HIM EVEN IF WE LIVE IN A BOX AND DID HAVE MUCH, I WOULD STILL F–K HIM LIKE HE HAD MILLIONS. IF SHE CAN’T LOOK AT KEVIN AND SAID THAT FROM THE HART,THEN HE IS CLEARLY WITH THE WRONG PERSON. TIME TELLS ALL

I want to comment on the above statement. I don’t think she had any problems with him making, what real women would but it is the cheating and the disrespect to her and his family that got out of control. No matter how much money you make that should not be the reason to change who you are and to me KEVIN forgot who he is and who he was to his family. You can have it today and lose it all tomorrow just like the GREAT DEPRESSION, they went across the water one day on their big rich beautiful cruiser and about time day break they was broke. Love is the stronger of these and I think Kevin made deals with the devil, when he should’ve got on his knees and ask god to direct his path. Make deals with the devil is a very dangerous game that look good going in but it is hell getting out. I hope he have some type of relationship with god because I believe in the end he is going to need him very bad.

• Anonymous says:

it will soon come back to bite him in the butt. because when a man finds a wife he finds his home. deaf do you part.

9. Ashley says:

The ex clearly states that she pushed him to divorce so therefore she got what she wanted. Point is, he is happy now, he never talks bad about his ex wife, we can’t say much about the girlfriend because neither of us know her, and it seems very clear that he is definitely taking great care of his kids. With that being said, as #KHart fans we should be happy for him and his accomplishments.

10. chinadoll says:

Point blank he should have never left his wife and kids. The woman that held him down when he had nothing. It will come back to him. Im a huge kevin hart fan but he lost points in my book. Look at the body language of the photos of this new chick verses the body language of the photos of him and his ex and u tell me where the true love is. Kevins going to be sorry when she truely moves on. True love from child hood is a rare type of love.

Why do women make comments about what men do in situations like they don’t do the exact same thing. If you look at successful women in the entertainment industry almost every woman of every race leaves their man for a so called upgrade when they make it. He/She who has the money can do what the fuck they want. You know it I know it. It ain’t right only if you’re the the not rich partner. And spare me the togetherness bullshit. Give a chick section 8 and cars for careers and she’s a home owner with a vehicle. Let her actually work hard for it and she’s the girl on Act like a woman think like a man. We all know how us men get so I won’t go into that. When everyone can be real with themselves and the world shit will change.

• Grace says:

Simply, we don’t. We are definitely more loyal, committed and patient, now if a due is not making strides or demonstrate ambition and positive results, then we leave dude alone, Theres just not enough cheerleading and support we can give, BUT, we just go run off with your stereotypical trophy.

• Tyler says:

Actually their are studies that prove women cheat just as much as men so your statement about women being more loyal is false. It seems that we are still looking at old stereotypes of men being the cheaters but times have changed.

12. Grace says:

Girrrrrrl, u are better than me. Now, he’s with “that chick” he hit it big, and look what he gravitates too, typical. I love his humor, but he’ s a typical dawg. She may see, these chicks always feel, they could change a dude, or he would never cheat or lie. Ha!

13. Ava says:

One of my favorite verses the bible states, “He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.” That says it all! Only God can judge us, no human being was given that authority. Our focus should be on loving one another as Christ have loved us and if we keep that in mind our world will surely be a better place.

I don’t understand why people put off divorce claiming they are waiting for the other person to file. It’s not rocket science, the former Mrs. Hart could’ve filed for divorce herself instead of waiting for Kevin to do it. You can’t have it both ways: saying you don’t want to tolerate infidelity, waiting around for the man to sew his oats, but leave it up to him to file for divorce. Too many couples waste time doing this. Divorce is a tough decision and a rough transition but it has to get done. Now that the divorce is final and you have both moved on, perhaps she should keep her complaints to herself and let the grief of being cheated on go so she has room to embrace something better that will definitely come her way. You’re not a victim.