Sep

blue ivy hair 2013-the jasmine brand

Is there anything off limits from slander?

blue ivy-ibiza with beyonce-hair-the jasmine brand

A sincere question after waking up to endless comments about Blue Ivy, the daughter of Beyonce and Jay Z. Over the weekend, new photos of Blue Ivy surfaced, as she and Mama Bey are vacaying it up in Ibiza, Spain for the weekend. What’s the issue? There seems to be some very strong opinions concerning Miss Blue’s hair. And while the appearance of her hair can be debated from both sides, my question is, are we being too harsh and overly critical of a child? Peep a few comments defending and voicing their concerns:

Screen shot 2013-09-02 at 1.52.50 PM Screen shot 2013-09-02 at 1.52.36 PM Screen shot 2013-09-02 at 1.52.23 PM Screen shot 2013-09-02 at 1.52.14 PM Screen shot 2013-09-02 at 1.52.02 PM Screen shot 2013-09-02 at 1.51.55 PM

Screen shot 2013-09-02 at 1.53.33 PM Screen shot 2013-09-02 at 1.53.24 PM

What are your thoughts? Do you take issue with Blue’s hair? And are we being too critical? Or should Bey’s camp put more efforts into Blue’s hair?

blue ivy-beyonce-ibiza-the jasmine brand

blue ivy-ibiza with beyonce-hair-the jasmine brand

p5rn7vb

42 Comments to “[Photos] The Miseducation of Blue Ivy’s Hair: Are We Going Too Far? Twitter Slander Ensues After New Photos of Beyonce’s Daughter Released”

1. Elle says:

You know what…while they are in Ibiza…relaxing those same people are sitting behind a computer or typing away on their phone…wishing for a vacation every chance they get. That baby looks like she just woke up she is still in PJ’s for goodness sake. I mean she doesn’t have a thick head of hair, maybe it doesn’t look flattering when she does it. I’m sure bey knows what she is doing.

• Shannon says:

Agree 100%…clearly that baby just woke up.

• lo says:

I totally agree! They aren’t even on Blue’s level!

• Amber says:

She a baby, what level she got? That comment sound real dumb.

• Chels says:

First off, I can’t believe how many people are speaking as if people are not worthy of mentioning Blue Ivy. “Get on her level” are yall really serious right now? You stans are some sick people my goodness! This is a baby! and if your friend had her baby looking unkept in public you would be subtweeting her on twitter. Anyhoo…

Natural hair is beautiful but people who are natural know how much they put into their hair; they don’t wake up and roll out. Anybody else with an almost 2 year old takes the time to make their hair look AT LEAST neat. This baby’s hair isnt neat, she looks like Solange and Solange made a choice to look that way. To be fair, I felt the same way about how Angelina Jolie had Zahara out here set up for the first several years of her life. Maybe its a celeb thing. Sidebar: Also have a problem with Angelina dressing her other daughter up like a boy but anyway off topic you get my point.

• love says:

We’re not on Blue Ivy’s level? That sounds dumb.

2. RisingSpivey says:

More and more I don’t like black people. I think there should be a clear line between black people and African Americans. Black people can be so ignorant.

• PMSing247 says:

I agree Lil Shanelle

• PrettySuper says:

That is a ridiculously unintelligent thing you just said. Black folks are all over the world, Africa, South America, the Caribbean, Europe, even Australia. African Americans are a sub-set of the larger group with makes up the African Diaspora. You cannot separate the two, and it’s completely ludicrous to imply anything differently. What you should be saying is that we, black African-Americans, need to not align ourselves with those who chose to dwell in Ignorance, Self-Hate, ghetto mentality and ratchet behaviors. Because that is the truth, but to imply that black people act one way, and African Americans act another, is just silly.. good day.

• NinaT says:

Thank you for spilling that knowledge. It was quite refreshing after taking in all this dumbness from these senseless posts.

• NinaT says:

African American is an ethnic group which includes Black people with African Ancestry. The term “Black American/Black People” evolved around the 1960s and the “Black Power” movement. During this time, our Black people marched, protested,and tried to get Blacks of all ethnic groups to love their skin/hair (Afro)/and fought for civil rights which were righteously owed to them as an American. Black is also a term society is using to lump all individuals with Black skin in…this too causes US to lose sense of self and ancestral history. YOU ARE BLACK! What you should be saying is there is a difference in wise/educated Blacks and illiterate/senseless Blacks. You are not making sense and you are showing your lack of knowledge with that comment sweetie.

Back to Ivy: Bey as we know has money and Jay we know how long his money is too. They could “comb” Ivy’s hair if they wanted. I think the Afro is symbolism of pride and embracing her heritage. I think you uneducated Blacks want Bey to put berets and rubber bands in her kid’s hair. That’s ratchet and ghetto as hell. Tight as shit pulling on the baby’s tender head will cause alopecia and bald edges which I am sure many of US have experienced because ppl told our parents it was a good idea to “comb dat baby’s head”. NOT! Bey knows what she’s doing.

3. MsLady1 says:

people shouldn’t criticize Blue Ivy she’s 1 she can’t comb her own hair but her mama can and that’s who they should criticize! We all know good and damn well if our friend had a little girl whose hair looked like Blue’s we would be sitting up saying “that bitch never do Nae Nae hair” get on Beyonce b/c she got way too much money to not have someone braid that little girl hair and put some beads or bows in her hair!

• DIVA says:

Exactly I blame Beyonce not Blue. It is not the baby fault.

• Lakeysha says:

She is Black the little queen has “Nappy Hair”. What’s wrong with her hair growing nappy. I thinkyou all have issues with being black most the sistahs say something got weaves.

4. Justkeepinitreal says:

To be honest….it really isn’t a black thing…when you leave your house you should always be presentable. My hair never looked like that when I was a baby. It just looks wild and unkempt….if my mom passed me off to a babysitter with my hair looking like that…they’d probably judge my mother for neglecting me. If you know your kids are gonna be stalked by the paps…make them appear at least half-way decent.

• DIVA says:

Exactly! They would judge your mom for neglect and call everybody in town and talk about yo mom. Bey just comb the baby hair…dang!

• love says:

I don’t think it’s a race thing either. Why is her hair all over her head? Her parents don’t have their hair all over their heads…why?…because it’s not presentable. I am all for natural hair, my hair is natural, but step out presentable. I don’t get it.

5. Alli says:

People need to leave them alone. They know good and well this how NORMAL babies look. They don’t need to be fussed over like a diva. Maybe she didn’t want her hair combed that morning. NO ONE who has been around kids or had kids would be critical of these photos.

• Not A Fan says:

I do NOT condone the incessant hateful talk about Blue Ivy’s hair at all. I think the commentary has largely been harsh and cruel. She is an infant and I’m certain that everyone with a negative comment has other genuine priorities in their own lives that their attention would be best directed toward. But…. sis you know good and well that is not at all how “NORMAL babies look.” We don’t have to create fallacies to stand on the fact that the negative commentary is unnecessary. Even if a baby’s hair is too short to be braided or put into ponytails I think it is far more common to see it oiled, brushed or combed than as freestyle as Blue’s parents choose to style hers. They are certainly allowed to choose to style (or not style) her hair as they wish but if their choice was aligned with the norm for most children there wouldn’t be as much conversation about it.

6. Tech says:

I feel less intelligent for even reading this…

7. Resa says:

My baby’s hair was off the chain natural, like Blues. Some of you all need to get off that chain that has your weave bound and learn to live free….like Blue Ivy.

8. A says:

they spend ZERO dollars on Blue Ivy’s hair… LOL.. #DamnShame

9. Sommer says:

This is Bey and Jay’s child. I’m proud that they’re doing what they want. Get your lives. People are too invested in theirs. End of Story.

10. Chels says:

Oops posted in the wrong spot.

11. Razzi says:

Personally, i feel like the least they should do is comb it and throw some Pink Oil moisturizer in it. Just to keep it healthy and not dry. With all of the nanny’s & glam staff Bey & Jay have, and even with Mama Tina being a former hair dresser- someone could at least do that.

• DIVA says:

Exactly @ Razzi I was thinking the same thing. They don’t have to glam her all up but Beyonce no good in well that her mother did not let her go around looking like that when she was a child. Every picture that I have saw of Beyonce when she was a child her hair was combed. I think they should at least put the pink moisturizer on it because it looks dry and tangled up. It actually looks like Beyonce is trying to make her have some dread locks. Bey WRONG for this because Tina did not let her look like this as a child so she should at least do better by her childs head and if she dont want to comb it herself she has enough people around her that will. SMDH

12. SNAPA says:

If Blue was my child, would I keep it “fixed”? Sure…but since she is someone else’s child, it doesn’t matter to me what her hair looks like. To me, she is healthy happy baby with loving parents; a baby with more passport stamps then THIS grownup. I am so jealous. :) Anyhoo, maybe she has a tender sensitive scalp. Ms. Tina could be advising Beyonce & Jay-Z to let her hair grow and let the “baby” strands mature more. Who knows? This seems like that same mess when Gabby Douglas was “hair-attacked”. SMDH!

13. freeLBT says:

I have to say something. YEA! Somebody need to comb that child head. Whether she just woke up or not, you dont step out looking good (heels on, booty shorts) and your child look a mess. Most project chicks do that. Anyway…You as an adult ain goin nowhere with your hair all over the place. So why should the child??

• love says:

Exactly! That’s what I don’t understand. You are going out looking perfectly put together and your child’s hair had never been touched by a comb??

And for those who say, let the child be natural…where does it stop? Because naturally, we should not be wearing clothes, bathing or cleaning ourselves. I have natural hair, but I comb it and look presentable.

I just don’t get how a parent would think this is acceptable. It has absolutely nothing to do with race…whatsoever.

14. First of all its not her kid, so why would she be concerned about combing hair.She dont comb her own hair,playing rhese silly ass games,trying to make people believe in her bull$hit.Its time to give it up,she is on her way to being exposed,and i would like to be there for her,but she is a ticking time bomb when she gets her feelings all caught up.Now what she needs to do is come right out and tell the truth about everything,and it will make her feel like she is no longer camel face Jayz and witchy the bitchy Tina Knowles spell anymore

15. Alisha says:

It’s a baby!!!! For real, why do we care? People getting all worked up over Blue Ivy’s hair??? Please, J&B can buy that baby a new head of Remy EVERYDAY til the end of time. Who gives a damn what a little baby’s head looks like. My little sisters are biracial and trying to comb that stuff, kids all screaming and running away, you trying to hold your kids head with our knee’s…why? She ain’t headed to church, they ain’t going nowhere, so what’s the biggie? She is chillin on a yacht….and that baby is on top of a multimillion dollar empire, if that what Blue Ivy considers yacht hair, well I guess that’s just yacht hair. When ya’ll own yachts and mansions and a hip-hop empire then you all can dictate hairstyles, until then stop hating on what YOU WISH you had….and leave that baby alone. What does that say about you when you talk smack about someone who is still in diapers…damn fools.

16. nuckinfuts says:

I feel so filthy for having read this…

17. DIVA says:

OMG…don’t blame Jazz for reporting what is going on. This is a blog. Everybody else is talking about it as well….so let’s not start picking on Jazz. Get back to the headline and pick on Beyonce for not combing her childs head. Thank you

18. MzFit2010 says:

Check out this Luxury Hair Line worn by Celebrities!!!

19. vapariga says:

Wow, just reading this…I have to say tho, the picture does look like the baby just woke up. And, they are on vacation on a damn boat, so really no rush to comb her hair! Maybe they were in lax mode for the day…however, this does seem to be Beyonce’s way of keeping her hair on a regular. Why? Who knows…but its her baby, she can do what she wants whether we understand it or not. Personally, I was brought up in a time where we combed lil girls hair, with bows, ribbons, barettes or what have you. I don’t get the whole not combing the hair thing, naturale or not! Some type of maintenance should be done be it girl or boy. I bet Beys mother combed her hair! smh…#new day/ridiculous.

20. sheila says:

beyonce you’re are my girl, but please wash and comb your little girl’s hair, have someone braid it up and put so barrettes in it. My daughter when she was little some 30 years ago, I use to make braids and put colorful barrettes in each one, little girls like to shake their hair. She is such a beautiful child, you have the funds to dress her like a princess. Please do not dress her like will and jada’s daughter, what a shame!!!

21. smartcanadiangirl says:

People need to find something better to talk about than Blue Ivy’s hair. There are children starving and being abused, women being kept as slaves in basements–possible next door to you, so leave the kid’s hair alone. She is a baby, and if the parents are fine with it, shut up and go make some $$$$$$$$$$$ like the carters.