Oct

kanye west-says kim kardashian should cover vogue-more fashionable than flotus-the jasmine brand

The Kanye West World Wide Press Tour (my title, not his) continues. Earlier this week, the rapper/producer/designer/self-proclaimed genius chopped it up at Los Angeles’ Power 106 radio station. And later in the week, the newly engaged Chi-Town native took his talents and opinions to Ryan Seacrest. One of our favorite moments of the interview was his explaining why his fiance, Kim Kardashian, is more fashionable than First Lady Michelle Obama. When asked about what frustrates him, he explained:

Or like with the Hollywood Walk of Fame … it’s not the walk of singing … it’s the Walk of Fame … and classism has been going on before racism. We’re classist. We have our cool table … and there’s no way Kim Kardashian shouldn’t be on the cover of Vogue. She’s like the most intriguing woman right now. She’s got Barbara Walters calling her like everyday … and collectively we’re the most influential with clothing. No one is looking at what [President] Obama is wearing. Michelle Obama cannot Instagram a [bikini] pic like what my girl Instagrammed the other day… so it’s to say when we are there and [editor-in-chief of French Vogue] Carine Roitfeld supports my girl, that’s a breakthrough … there’s a wall of classism that we are breaking through.

He also shared that although he’s grown and matured in certain areas, he hasn’t left one of his vices alone, alcohol. When asked how he handles frustration, he shared:

Just drink! I’m sure I’m not supposed to say that, but I drink Grey Goose. And I’m not getting paid anything from them, but I’m going to tell you as a man – and they said Shakespeare was like a drunk and yes, I said that to blatantly compare myself to Shakespeare – you know, I’m not perfect. And certain mornings or in the evening, and I’m not a falling over drunk, but I’ll pour a little Goose, grab some ice cubes, and just practice patience.

Welp, at least he’s honest.

Screen shot 2013-10-30 at 1.41.40 AM

BTW, should Kim Kardashian land a VOGUE cover?

25 Comments to “Kanye West Says Kim Kardashian Has Better Fashion Than FLOTUS: ‘She Deserves a VOGUE Cover’”

1. Julie says:

No, I don’t think she should.

2. SNAPA says:

Sweet Jesus!! Why is this boy still talking? Not trying to wish ill-will on anyone, but he sure did appear to be a MUCH better person when his mouth was wired shut…sighhhh! ***Picking up the phone and dialing, “Uh, hello? Ikea? Yeah, I would like to order several chairs, please. The address? Google & GPS Kanye West’s address and send them to him. Please & Thank you.***

3. Pissed says:

OMG!!! How can you relate that trashy piece of a soon to be wife to the FLOTUS?!! She will never be on first lady level. With all the sex tapes and doomed marriages and naked/half naked pics, she will never be in the least comparable to the first lady. It’s disgusting that he would even say such a thing about our black first lady being that he is a black man himself! This has done it for me. Kanye is a douchebag and his future wife is a trashbag!!!! STUPID!!!!

4. vapariga says:

Kanye is seriously tripping. They’re not even on the same level. What a joke! Sadly, since his Mom has passed this boy has literally lost his damn mind. #goingtofar

5. The Mrs says:

Is he Serious??Is he on drugs or something.The first lady you cant even compare.He has lost his mind.He must think everybody loves his whore well alot of people have had her but we dont care. He is a complete FOOL

6. Kia says:

WTH Kanye needs to be evaluated for REAL are you serious. Kim cannot in no way compare to Michelle Obama, hell she’s only famous behind a sex tape and Kanye nobody likes his bipolar azz. I agree every since his mama passed away he has been crazy azz hell, to even think someone would have the level of respect for Kim that they have for the First Lady that bullshit sounds stupid. Kanye is not a good dresser so I don’t know what makes him think He and Kim is Mr and Mrs Fashion. Hell Kim looks like a jackass with blonde hair and Kanye looks like his mouth is full of $*&^. And the rest is history. Kanye please climb in a hole and wire your mouth back shut stupid.

7. godiva says:

I will just say this Kanye, comparing Kim to FLOTUS was and always will be inappropriate! Kim is a beautiful girl yes despite what people think of the things she has done I wont say she is ugly just because that would not be true but to compare her fashion sense to FLOTUS, let me just say no comparison is there and I think you owe the First Lady an apology. IMMEDIATELY!

8. Alaya_MingLee says:

Kim fashion sense is totally different from my girl Michelle’s for one. For two, personally, I have never seen my girl Michelle in something that wasn’t flattering to her. We’ve seen Kim in plenty of things that weren’t the best choice for her. i.e. that floral dress and gloves she wore when pregnant.

for real Jas…you really posted this stupid stuff about this fool! He needs to have several and stop trying to outshine Jay and Bey- you two pieces of wanna-be’s will never touch their status!

*SIGH* . . . did he really compare Kim K to the first Lady!?!

11. kay p says:

*raises eyebrow*

12. KappaDon says:

Kim is in no way on the level of the first lady… Yes there is classism in the world but does he attempt to equate him self to the common man and their struggles? What about sexually exploiting yourself to gain fame and fortune because his soon to be wife has taken that idea and taken it to new heights! No the FLOTUS wouldn’t take a picture in a swim suit and post it on Instagram… That is not what a first lady is about, she is about uplifting and empowering women across the world and letting them know that they are more than just “meat” to be desired… Mr. West comments are extremely disrespectful and ludacris… Sometimes some voices should not be heard…. Damn Ye where did it all go wrong?!

13. Faye says:

I think the media has gotten it all wrong-it’s Kanye not Lamar that’s on cRaCk!

I have been commenting all along he was loosing his mind when he referred himself to Steve Jobs!!! Not this right here, this is beyond crazy. Kim and the first lady are on different levels. I am not sure what he is trying to prove, but he said that just because the President made a statement about himself and Kim. Kanye is so childess!!!

By the way YOU CANNOT TURN A H** INTO A HOUSEWIFE!!!!!!!!

16. Tan says:

Obviously since she is not on the cover of Vogue, Barbara Walters calling her everyday doesn’t mean a thing. There’s obviously more to life than being influential in clothing. If thats the case, why isn’t that clothing line she has with her sisters popping. I read reviews about the pieces being cheap. Instagram proves what, I am sure there are plenty of women out there that could post a similar pic and look just as good. At the end of day, when looks have dissolved or the money is gone, what will she have that is so influential? What will she be doing? He needs to humble hisself and talk a walk down memory lane to the Kanye that had the accident and did not have health insurance.

17. Tan says:

Obviously since she is not on the cover of Vogue, Barbara Walters calling her everyday doesn’t mean a thing. There’s obviously more to life than being influential in clothing. If thats the case, why isn’t that clothing line she has with her sisters popping. I read reviews about the pieces being cheap. Instagram proves what, I am sure there are plenty of women out there that could post a similar pic and look just as good. At the end of day, when looks have dissolved or the money is gone, what will she have that is so influential? What will she be doing? He needs to humble hisself and take a walk down memory lane to the Kanye that had the accident and did not have health insurance.

18. K. says:

Did he really say FLOTUS can’t IG a pic like what Kim posted the other day. And he was trying to use that as an example of why Kim is better? Tell us why the wife of the leader of the free world want her cheeks hanging out on a social network, Mr. West.

Kanye is crazy as hell! Not to mention disrespectful. He seems like he’s on a mission for Kim all of a sudden or maybe just trying to grabsome of Jay-Z and Beyonce`s shine….hmmn, jealous?!!! Not understanding this outburst against our most classiest 1st lady ever, to even DARE to compare. Ass cheeks vs. A real woman, man please. That’s like beer or the finest champagne. Dude, stick to what you know and hope that Kim doesn’t run off to another man with your baby in a couple of years.

Does Kanye realize that the first lady is not considered to be a WHORE!

21. kim says:

Why are you all trippin?You know he’s not rapped too tight. Lol

22. DeeFlowers says:

I used to love Kanye, but these crazy comments and Kim Kardashian stunts makes me drift farther and farther away from him. As for this comment, boy, bye! *Kanye Shrugs*

23. Anna Ariel says:

First of all why would a classy lady like Michelle Obama even dream of posting a disgusting picture of a big hippopotamus butt like that? It’s a fugly picture of Kim K. anyway. Please, please, please! Mr. President Obama, please find some drugs on Kanye West and arrest him, please. I beg of you!