Quantcast

Jan
2015

Written by tjbwriteratlanta in Blog
Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookGoogle+Pin on PinterestShare on LinkedIn

Metoya:  Not really. Once I got initial letter that said that they were going to investigate my behavior I just knew right then. I still believe that my behavior did not warrant me to be expelled from Delta Sigma Theta. I feel like I represented myself and my organization well.

delta sigma theta-expels-sorority sisters-the jasmine brand

theJasmineBRAND.com: Do you feel like anyone else on the show may have had behavior a little more questionable?

Metoya: I only speak for myself. I don’t have an opinion on what anybody else did on the show.

theJasmineBRAND.com: Do you have any plans to try and fight their decision?

Metoya: To be honest with you, no. That’s because I tend to look at things a lot differently. God knew this would happen before it did and I know that everything happens for a reason. He had this happen for a reason. What that is I don’t know, but I always trust in him. I know I’ve been blessed because of that. I still look at this as a opportunity. It was a blessing to open up eyes and doors to many other things.

theJasmineBRAND.com: Do you still consider yourself as a Delta?

Metoya: I feel like I will always have that part of me. You can’t take any of that away. You can’t take away my process. You can’t take away the things that I’ve learned. I feel that will always be a part of me. But I’m always going to be Metoya first.

theJasmineBRAND.com: What’s your relationship now with your line sisters since they learned you were expelled?

Metoya: It has been absolutely horrific. My line sisters — I have a few that reached out. The other ones remained silent and to me silence is still a answer. The sad part is when the show came out, we [the chapter] had a ‘Group Me’. They were talking about me in the group me. I don’t think they realized I was included in the group me. I didn’t speak up because you want to see how people really feel. The sad part is once they knew I was included and I was expelled, they removed me but the conversation kept going.

delta expells sorority sisters-the jasmine brand

theJasmineBRAND.com: What is the biggest misconception you think people have about you from seeing you on the show?

Metoya: I guess that I did it for the money or that I needed Delta to be who I am. I didn’t do it for fame and I darn sure didn’t do it for money. I’m not trying to brag but I’m a project manager in the critical field. You can look that up and see how much money I make. I really did it for inspiration.

theJasmineBRAND.com: Has the show or the Delta’s affected your daughter at all?

Metoya: No, she’s very far removed from that and I do that on purpose. Her dad and I keep it away from her on purpose. She doesn’t need to know about it.

theJasmineBRAND.com: Has the relationship status between you and your child’s father?

Metoya: No, it’s still the same. Nick and I will always, always, always be the best of friends. I think we both have realized too that the way we have it now is the best it’s going to get. We’re in a good space. He’s moved on and I’m still waiting for someone to come along and scoop me up.

theJasmineBRAND.com: Since the show is over now how do you plan to take advantage of the platform?

Metoya: Honestly, just keep my name out there and try to do whatever I can. I was telling you before about my inbox and people asking me to come out to events. I’m going to go and show support. People have asked me for relationship advice. I love to mentor. I love to mentor young girls.

theJasmineBRAND.com: What is your biggest fear?

Metoya: I have a weird biggest fear. My biggest fear and I know it’s probably sad, is to lose my mom. I know that’s weird. I can never fathom and I get emotional even when I think about it now. She’s like my backbone. I love her to death. I really don’t know how I’m going to function in life God see fit for her to leave before I do.

theJasmineBRAND.com: When is the last time you got into a physical fight?

Metoya: Probably when I was in like elementary school. You might as well say grade school because I’m a lover not a fighter.

theJasmineBRAND.com: What lesson in life took you the longest to learn?

Metoya: How to love myself. I’ve been in some really horrible relationships. Not like physical abuse but horrible to me because I always get heartbroken. I give so much that I feel taken advantage of. Being in a relationship, I realized that I have to love me not to beg a dude to be with me. I deserve better than that and I shouldn’t have to beg anybody to be with me.

Listen to the full interview below.

@justess__

Pages: 1 2 3

11 Comments to “MeToya Monroe of ‘Sorority Sisters’: Delta Sent Me Casting Info! Denies Mona Scott-Young’s Involvement In Show [INTERVIEW]”

1. moniquei says:

I find it ironic that Delta actually sent her info about them casting for the show. But when things got controversial, they threw her under the bus.

• Tan says:

Yes that is, but she didn’t actually show the letter. It could have been informing her about the show and letting her know the consequences of participating. I had read about that show some time ago myself. I was like they (the greeks) are going to shut that down. They may have had high ratings, but without the advertisers support, the funding was not there which is likely why the show got cancelled.

• CL says:

She stated that her chapter sent her the email, not the National body. The only person who can speak for Delta is the National President or someone she appoints. From what I understand their chapter has a mass email list. More than likely the email was sent out with very little thought.

• Maybeline46 says:

Metoya hasn’t been a part of that Chapter since somewhere around ’01-03. Once you are no longer in a chapter, you don’t get official chapter mail. Maybe an undergraduate Soror sent an email on her own to a list of former alums, but she definitely didn’t receive anything official. You can’t remain a member of your undergraduate Chapter once you are no longer enrolled at the University. Also, we don’t know what the email said, but I can assure you it wasn’t an endorsement by Delta Sigma Theta. At worst, it may have been an email from one of the young undergrads telling that they heard somebody was casting a show about the Sororities. I can see how that could possibly appeal to a naive 19 or 20 y/o.

2. Rouge says:

She got the email from her chapter not the National HQ which is who is ultimately responsible for any disciplinary action. As a grown up you seek opportunities and bear the brunt of those decisions. When the original casting call went out quite some time ago nothing official had to come out from any of the organizations featured. Those of us that were active and attending meetings knew any participation in said show would more than likely get you punished in some form or fashion. Heck you can’t use our letters for background folks on tv shows without permission–that’s part of what slowed up Stomp the Yard because it never got permission to use any of the organizations who are members of the NPHC. From the outside looking it all of this may look very arbitrary but trust me when I say this shouldn’t have shocked a single person who took part in the show. The fact that it has is what I find slightly amazing.

3. tiny says:

I lost a whole lot of respect for the Greeks. I find them fake !!! How can you stand up when it comes to a show that you feel makes your organization look bad, but wont Stand up against other shows like Love and Hip Hop, Housewives etc? What this tells me is that some letters are more important. Please fake fake fake. The truth of the matter is people are going to people no matter what. I went to school with people who acted just like that. Half of the Greeks that was against this show watch Love and Hip Hop etc .

• me says:

I totally agree with you. Love and hip a hop featured a ratchet delta. Yet, they love her so much they’ve given her her own show. Sorority sisters was far classier than the aforementioned.

4. thedreizehn says:

HERE IS THE REAL REASON…This entire ordeal was about money and jealousy. Wonya Lucas President of TVOne and AKA member wanted Sorority Sisters for the TVOne network. However the plans fell through when VH1 outbid them for the show. That’s when Roland Martin host of NewsOne and ??? member, along with the help of his ??? brothers Lawrence Ross and Reynoir Lewis took to Twitter to trash the show. That’s how the footage was leaked to the internet. TVOne had access to it. So Roland and his brothers proceeded to slander the Ladies and rile up the Greeks. After Roland Martin got the Greeks riled up Lawrence Ross told the Greeks don’t watch we will watch and let you know what advertisers to target. That in itself was a move of deception, because he knew if the Greeks watched the show they would find that the members of ??? Roland Martin, Lawrence Ross, and Reynoir Lewis were lying; And just like the Jim Jones Cult the Greeks obeyed and let these lying member of ??? use them to do their bidding. Then when you ask the Greeks why they didn’t watch it, they repeat the speaking points they heard from the 3 lying ??? members. You know…the same tactics Republicans use against President Obama. HOW CAN A BUNCH OF ADULTS ALLOW SOMEONE TO GIVE THEM THEIR OPINION. THAT HASN’T HAPPEN SINCE THE SLAVE MASTER. SOME OF THESE GREEKS ARE PROGRAMMED WITH THE WILLIE LYNCH LETTER SYNDROME. They ended a show that displayed real disputes, relationships, triumphs, failures, parenting, business, entrepreneurship, community service, and culminated with SISTERHOOD.

5. thedreizehn says:

HERE IS THE REAL REASON…This entire ordeal was about money and jealousy. Wonya Lucas President of TVOne and AKA member wanted Sorority Sisters for the TVOne network. However the plans fell through when VH1 outbid them for the show. That’s when Roland Martin host of NewsOne and Alpha Phi Alpha member, along with the help of his Alpha Phi Alpha brothers Lawrence Ross and Reynoir Lewis took to Twitter to trash the show. That’s how the footage was leaked to the internet. TVOne had access to it. So Roland and his brothers proceeded to slander the Ladies and rile up the Greeks. After Roland Martin got the Greeks riled up Lawrence Ross told the Greeks don’t watch we will watch and let you know what advertisers to target. That in itself was a move of deception, because he knew if the Greeks watched the show they would find that the members of Alpha Phi Alpha Roland Martin, Lawrence Ross, and Reynoir Lewis were lying; And just like the Jim Jones Cult the Greeks obeyed and let these lying member of Alpha Phi Alpha use them to do their bidding. Then when you ask the Greeks why they didn’t watch it, they repeat the speaking points they heard from the 3 lying ?lpha Phi Alpha members. You know…the same tactics Republicans use against President Obama. HOW CAN A BUNCH OF ADULTS ALLOW SOMEONE TO GIVE THEM THEIR OPINION. THAT HASN’T HAPPEN SINCE THE SLAVE MASTER. SOME OF THESE GREEKS ARE PROGRAMMED WITH THE WILLIE LYNCH LETTER SYNDROME. They ended a show that displayed real disputes, relationships, triumphs, failures, parenting, business, entrepreneurship, community service, and culminated with SISTERHOOD.

6. tuleesha says:

The title of this article is misleading. When did she deny Mona Scott-Young’s involvement during the interview???