A judge has shut down Laura Govan’s lawsuit against former fiancée Gilbert Arenas that claimed she was entitled to a half of his fortune after they lived together as “husband and wife”, according to Bossip. The site reports,
LA Superior Court Judge Stephanie Bowick this week dismissed Govan’s lawsuit against the father of her four children for “lack of prosecution,” because she’s repeatedly failed to show up for court hearings, according to court papers obtained by BOSSIP. Govan didn’t turn up for the latest hearing on Aug. 29 either, and neither did her lawyer, court docs show.
Govan filed a “Marvin Action” against Arenas last year, alleging he promised to equally share his assets, income and other investments with her that he made during their relationship. But in 2014, Govan said Arenas dumped her and reneged on the promise, kicking her out of their LA mansion and she said he took back later sold her $1 million engagement ring.
However, Arenas’ lawyer, David Bass, said that Arenas never agreed to continue to pay for Govan’s lifestyle after they split up, and said she gave Arenas her engagement ring back herself. Bass said they think Govan stopped moving forward with the case once she realized she wouldn’t be able to prove her claims.
“Mr. Arenas is pleased with the dismissal of the Marvin Action, and pleased that he will not have to waste money defeating her frivolous lawsuit,” Bass told BOSSIP. “He was fully prepared to defend the action through trial, and had every confidence that he would prevail.”
Click here for the full story.