Roland Martin Reacts To TV One Canceling Show
Roland Martin is addressing reports that his daily news show, NewsOne Now, has been canceled by TV One. He says,
Fam, the sad news is true. The staff of @tvonetv #NewsOneNow was informed this afternoon that after four years of doing groundbreaking and award-winning work, the show will cease production at the end of the year. Our last live show will be Dec. 21.
The emails, text messages, phone calls, Facebook and Twitter posts have been amazing. Your love for our work on @tvonetv #NewsOneNow is warming my heart and that of my staff. To read these amazing comments about how much the show meant to you is unbelievable. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
As previously reported, the network is said to have canceled the show, due to budget cuts. They have also released a statement stating,
We are committed to providing quality news to our viewers and to our long-standing relationship with Roland Martin News OneNow who will continue to have a voice on TV One.