Nicki Minaj Tells Fans To Stop Torturing Quavo
Nicki Minaj has officially forgiven Quavo. Earlier this week, Minaj did an interview revealing that she took issue with how the Migos rapper didn’t intervene during the “Motorsport” controversy. She stated,
I texted Quavo and was like, ‘Can you back me up on this’. I didn’t want people to think I was lying, what do I have to lie about? And he didn’t back me up. He texted me and was like, ‘I would go on Twitter and back you up if you were my girl. LOL.’ And that hurt because he’s somebody, I love him. There are certain rappers who I call my baby. Quavo. Weezy is my baby. Swae Lee is my baby. Quavo told me, ‘I’m not gonna go on Twitter and address that sh*t. If I do an interview, then I’ll address it.’ And I was like, ‘Yikes.’ It hurt my feelings to know that people would watch me be slaughtered and not one person will step in to tell the truth. They’ll run with that lie. They’ll allow people to run with the lie because it’s entertaining to let Nicki seem like a bad guy and it’s sad. Quavo texted me, I still have the text in my phone, first of all, Quavo came to my studio and played ‘Motorsport.’ He was the only person on ‘Motorsport.’ I said, ‘Oh that’s a hit. That’s out of here.’ He wanted me to get on a record called ‘For Keeps.’ I said, ‘No, please, please, let’s do ‘Motorsport.’ All the guys wanted to be on ‘Motorsport.’ I was like, ‘Alright.’ I knew that much because they were all working on their group album and he texted me and said is it OK to put Cardi on it. I still have the text on my phone where I said, ‘Yeah, let’s do it.’ And that’s the only story I told. You know, I said exactly how it came about and when it was time to clear the air about that, no one did that.
Late last night, Minaj posted a video appearing to be in the studio with Quavo.
— NICKI MINAJ (@NICKIMINAJ) April 14, 2018
She also explained that the pair had made up and instructed her die-hard fans to stop torturing him on social media.