15
Feb
2019

Jussie Smollett – Source Claims Actor Staged Attack Because He Was Being Written Off ‘Empire’, Police Slam Report & Fox Speaks Out

Written by Gregory Molette in Blog

Jussie Smollett

Jussie Smollett – Source Claims Actor
Staged Attack Because He Was Being Written Off ‘Empire’, Police Slam
Report & Fox Speaks Out

New details have surfaced iJussie Smollett’s. On Thursday, reports stated that two men staged the attack allegedly because Smollett was being written off of “Empire.” See the tweets below.

Jussie Smollett

Fox released a statement denying this:

“The idea that Jussie Smollett has been, or would be, written off of EMPIRE is patently ridiculous. He remains a core player on this very successful series and we continue to stand behind him.”

Empire

ABC reports,

“Police are investigating whether the two individuals committed the attack – or whether the attack happened at all.”

In response to the reports, Chief Communication Officer for the CPD says the reports are unconfirmed. See his tweets below.

As previously reported, Smollett did his first interview, detailing what happened that night.

He says,

“I’m pissed off. It’s the attackers, but it’s also the attacks. At first it was a thing of, ‘Listen, if I tell the truth, then that’s it, ’cause it’s the truth.’ Then, it became a thing of, ‘How can you doubt that? How do you not believe that? It’s the truth!’ And then it became a thing of, like, ‘Oh! It’s not necessarily that you don’t believe it’s the truth- you don’t even want to see the truth.”

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by the Jasmine BRAND (@thejasminebrand_) on

To date, no arrests have been made.

What are your thoughts on the attack being allegedly staged? Let us know in the comments!