EXCLUSIVE: Jussie Smollett – Police Preparing To Issue Warrant After Actor Allegedly Staged Attack

Jussie Smollet


EXCLUSIVE: Jussie Smollett – Police Preparing To Issue Warrant After Actor Allegedly Staged Attack

theJasmineBRAND exclusively reports, new details have surfaced surrounding Jussie Smollett’s alleged physical attack. Sources tell us that Chicago police are allegedly preparing to issue a warrant for the 36-year-old Empire star.

Obabinjo Osundairo &  Abimbola Osundairo

This alleged news comes amidst reports that the two Nigerian brothers (Obabinjo Osundairo and Abimbola Osundairo) arrested in connection with the assault on “Empire” are no longer suspects in the attack and are now cooperating with police.

According to reports, a source close to the investigation confirms the brothers told detectives Smollett paid them to participate in the alleged attack and that they purchased the rope — which was found around Smollett’s neck — at a nearby hardware store. The source said detectives have evidence to corroborate the sale, something the men’s attorney alluded to Friday night. The brother’s attorney Gloria Schmidt said,


“New evidence that was brought to their attention, obviously I had it, my clients had it”.

As previously reported, Smollett told authorities he was attacked early January 29 by two men who were yelling out racial and homophobic slurs.

He said one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.

No additional details about the alleged warrant have been released. Smollett’s team has yet to comment publicly.


Authored by: TJB Writer