Mar
2014

[VIDEO] Funny or Racist? Nick Cannon Goes Completely White Face

nick cannon-goes white face-white people party music-the jasmine brand

Nick Cannon is pushing the envelope, promoting his new album, White People Party Music. The 33-year-old growing media mogul has a few fans and critics buzzing about a new Instagram photo that he shared. Nick is covered in lightening make-up, in an effort to look like a Caucasian. He shares the photo, writing:

It’s official… I’m White!!! #WHITEPEOPLEPARTYMUSIC #Wppm in stores April 1st!!!!!!Dude Go Get It!!!Join The Party!!!! #GoodCredit #DogKissing #BeerPong #FarmersMarkets  #FistPumping  #CreamCheeseEating #RacialDraft ” Bro I got drafted!!

He also added an entertaining clip introducing his white alter-ego, Connor Smallnut. Watch!

While some find his ‘White Face’ insulting, others find it entertaining. Check out some of the mixed Instagram reactions:

Screen shot 2014-03-24 at 2.43.37 AM Screen shot 2014-03-24 at 2.43.28 AM Screen shot 2014-03-24 at 2.43.14 AM Screen shot 2014-03-24 at 2.43.06 AM Screen shot 2014-03-24 at 2.42.54 AM

Nick has been quite open about discussing racism in America. Last year, the comic-actor-musician-host addressed stereotypes and racism in his stand-up special, ‘F#ck Nick Cannon’.  What are your thoughts on Nick’s white face–offensive or hilarious?

P.S. We interviewed Nick last week at the private listening session for the new album.

Check back for the interview!

Follow me: @theJasmineBRAND on Twitter | theJasmineBRAND on Facebook | theJasmineBRAND on Instagram

zv7qrnb

9 Comments to “[VIDEO] Funny or Racist? Nick Cannon Goes Completely White Face”

1. CocktailJay says:

I think it’s offensive. I don’t believe in double standards. If it’s good for the goose it’s good for the gander. I’m glad you posted this. Throwing in some consciousness with my gossip. Go Jasmine! Lol.

• yo says:

He sounds like stevo from jackass lol

This wasn’t necessarily funny but I do find it entertaining. As long as you don’t hate on another a race or want them to die I don’t think anything else is racist. If you want to be goofy and dress up like another race and try to act like them you should be allowed without having uptight people blow a gasket over it. It’s just having fun.

2. kim says:

Racist,bad taste and unnecessary.

He’s being racist on purpose… I think he’s still pissed from that Zimmerman and DMX fight headline ..lol. I get it.

4. vapariga says:

Julianne Hough did it and so has many other actors/actresses, and everyone has their own opinion about it. Personally, I don’t think its funny or cool for black or white people to do it. I mean, what’s the point? You’re mocking a race, it’s pure ignorant and it’s going to stir up some mess for no reason. Just like religion, this is always going to be a controversial subject. They just need to STOP.

5. tom says:

Yes this is wrong, its Racist when White people put on blackface,the stopped it.. you cant have a double standard. OH its wrong when white people do blackface.its offensive. IF that was Robin Williams doing a blackface for a comedy show ALL HELL would break loose. here would come AL Sharpeton.. Shut it down!!!!!!!!!!!

6. byron says: