Zendaya On Rumors She’s Dating NFL’er Odell Beckham, Jr. + Why She Turned Down Aaliyah Biopic
This week, actress, singer and Cover Girl model Zendaya Coleman visited The Angie Martinez Show with the 19-year-old spilling the tea on her personal business, pulling out of the Aaliyah biopic + and rumors that she’s dating Odell Beckham, Jr. When addressing reports about her rumored relationship with the NFL’er, she explains:
Here’s the thing, a couple of things, first of all it wasn’t really a date. We went to some events together, because we’re friends. We were with a group, we were with multiple people. I was with my stylist and everything like that.
Here’s the thing: Even if it does progress, you gotta go through my dad first. Just because you’re in the NFL, you killin’ stuff, that doesn’t mean you get to skip past pops. He’s not going to allow that to happen. He’s auditioning! Auditioning.
While in the studio, Zendaya also discussed:
- Sampling TLC’s Creep, how she connected with T-Boz to begin with and getting her blessing to do the track.
- Meeting Chris Brown through a family friend and hitting up his studio to get his opinion on her music.
- The reasons why she still lives at home with her parents.
- If Odell Beckham, Jr. passed the audition with her dad.
- What she likes to do when she goes on dates.
- How she handled the 2015 Oscars incident with Giuliana Rancic saying that her locks looked she smelled like patchouli and weed.
- Being photoshopped by a magazine and publicly calling them out because women in her family have body issues and this makes it worse for everyone.
- The reason why she decided to pull out doing the Aaliyah biopic after landing the role.
- How Timbaland reacted to her pulling out of the movie when she spoke to him about it.
- Working with Timbo on 4-5 songs for her upcoming album.
How her DMs look like and how she handles young men sliding in her DMs.
See the full interview below.
Follow us: @theJasmineBRAND on Twitter | theJasmineBRAND on Facebook| theJasmineBRANDcom on Instagram