Kobe Bryant – Journalist Suspended After Inaccurately Reporting All 4 Of NBA Star’s Daughters Were In Fatal Helicopter Crash, Issues Apology

Matt Gutman, Kobe Bryant daughters, and wife Vanessa Bryant
Kobe Bryant – Journalist Suspended After Inaccurately Reporting All 4 Of NBA Star’s Daughters Were In Fatal Helicopter Crash, Issues Apology
A journalist has apologized after wrongly reporting that all four of Kobe Bryant’s daughters died in the helicopter crash that killed Kobe Bryant, his 13-year-old daughter Gianna Bryant and seven others.
Along with Gianna Bryant, Kobe Bryant and his wife Vanessa Bryant shared Natalia, 17, Bianka, 3 and Capri Kobe Bryant, who was born in June 2019.

Kobe Bryant, Vanessa Bryant and three oldest daughters
Matt Gutman of ABC News has been suspended after his inaccurate report. The network released the following statement:
“As he acknowledged on Sunday, Matt Gutman’s initial reporting was not accurate and failed to meet our editorial standards.”
Matt Gutman also addressed the error on Twitter and apologized:
“Today I inaccurately reported it was believed that four of Kobe Bryant’s children were on board that flight. That is incorrect. I apologize to Kobe’s family, friends and our viewers.”
“Earlier I reported that it was believed that four of Kobe’s children were on that flight, that is incorrect. Unfortunately, this is a horrible tragedy and one of his daughters was on the helicopter at the time.”
Today I inaccurately reported it was believed that four of Kobe Bryant’s children were on board that flight. That is incorrect. I apologize to Kobe’s family, friends and our viewers. pic.twitter.com/yYwuB9vpZl
— Matt Gutman (@mattgutmanABC) January 27, 2020
It was previously reported that Kobe Bryant and Gianna Bryant boarded the helicopter Sunday morning and headed to Gianna Bryant’s travel game. Unfortunately, the helicopter crashed under very foggy conditions, and there were no survivors.
In the heat of the hustle and bustle of reporting, it was also falsely reported that Kobe Bryant’s former L.A.Lakers teammate was on the helicopter.

Rick Fox
His stepdaughter spoke out and denied those reports.

Rick Fox also tweeted amid the rumors.

What do you think of the reporter being suspended? Tell us in the comments.
Previous Article
Next Article
Sugar Ray Leonard’s Son Arrested At Boxing Legend’s Home For Violating Restraining Order
Drake Says He’s Sticking By Kevin Durant, No Matter What
Former Cowboys Star Dez Bryant Puts Boxer Alycia Baumgardner On Blast For “Provoking” Claressa Shields Before Slap Incident
[UPDATE] Claressa Shields Banned From MVP Events After Slap Incident With Fellow Boxer Alycia Baumgardner + Alycia Threatens To Sue
Condolences: Memphis Grizzlies Player Brandon Clarke Passes Away At 29
Chef Milabelle, Woman Who Accused Stefon Diggs Of Assault, Tells Cardi B: “You Know Exactly Who He Really Is”
Stephen Curry Says He Doesn’t Focus On His $240M Net Worth: “That’s Not Something I Worry About”