UPDATE: Judge Approves Megan Thee Stallion’s Request To Sanction Tory Lanez Over ‘Disruptive’ Deposition Behavior

UPDATE: Judge Approves Megan Thee Stallion’s Request To Sanction Tory Lanez Over ‘Disruptive’ Deposition Behavior
Update (April 18, 2025): A judge has granted Megan Thee Stallion’s legal team’s request to sanction Tory Lanez over his conduct during a deposition in her defamation lawsuit.
According to court filings, Tory Lanez’s behavior was described as “disruptive, inflammatory, and inconsistent with the basic norms of civil litigation.”
He allegedly harassed Megan Thee Stallion‘s lawyer, interrupted questions, and pretended not to understand simple words like “discuss” and “approve.” Despite claiming video issues, prison staff confirmed the equipment worked fine.
Megan Thee Stallion‘s team called the 44-minute session a “waste of time.” The deposition is tied to her suit against Milagro Cooper, accused of spreading falsehoods “at the behest and command of” Tory Lanez.
Judge Cecilia Altonaga ordered Lanez to respond to the sanctions motion by April 30. Lanez, currently serving 10 years for shooting Megan in 2022, is also under a five-year restraining order granted in January due to alleged ongoing harassment.
Original Story (April 16, 2025): Megan Thee Stallion wants Tory Lanez held in contempt over his deposition conduct, calling it “disruptive, inflammatory, and inconsistent with the basic norms of civil litigation.”
In a motion filed by her attorney, Megan Thee Stallion urges the court to take action in her civil case against blogger Milagro Cooper, who she claims “has used her social media accounts to spread defamatory statements, deepfake porn videos, and outright lies about [Megan] at the behest and command of Mr. Peterson.”
During the deposition, Tory Lanez allegedly feigned confusion over simple words like “discuss” and “approve.”
Megan Thee Stallion‘s team also says he insulted her attorney, describing her hair dye as “distracting” and suggesting she “bring a hairbrush” next time.
An email from Tory Lanez‘s criminal appeal lawyers states they don’t represent him in the civil matter and won’t oppose contempt charges.
Megan previously received a restraining order, telling the judge she needed it “because I haven’t been at peace since I [was] shot.”
What are your thoughts on the latest Tory and Meg drama?
Previous Article
Next Article
BigXthaPlug Arrested On DWI & G*n Charges After Missing Festival Performance Due To ‘Personal Emergency’
Jaafar Jackson Says “Michael” Sequel Will Go Deeper Into A$$ault Allegations-Admits His Uncle’s Voice ‘Not Being Heard’ Affected The Family
Lil’ Kim To Celebrate Iconic ‘Hard Core’ Album With One-Night-Only Orchestral Concert In Brooklyn
Trial In Case Where Yella Beezy Is Accused Of Paying To Have Rapper MO3 K*lled Set To Begin
Quality Control Music Co-Founder Pierre ‘P’ Thomas Hospitalized In ICU After Suffering Heart Attack
Singer Melanie Fiona Warns Fans Not To Confuse Artist’s TV Appearances w/ Wealth: ‘They Paid To Be There’
Rapper Lupe Fiasco Says Renters Gets Too Much Hate: ‘Some People Aren’t Built For Ownership’
Reginae Carter Says Dad Lil Wayne ‘Can’t Stop Nothing’ After Fans Threaten To Snitch Over Pole Dancing Video: ‘Imma Live My Grown A** Life!’