DaBaby Wins $6 Million Lawsuit Over 2020 Miami Brawl

DaBaby
DaBaby Wins $6 Million Lawsuit Over 2020 Miami Brawl
DaBaby has a huge legal win under his belt!
As previously reported, DaBaby, 30, was accused of physically assaulting a Florida concert promoter, Kenneth Carey, back in 2020. The promoter, who said he booked the rapper to appear at an event, filed a civil suit in February of that year over the alleged battery assault.
Allegedly, the dispute between Carey and DaBaby kicked off after the men got into an argument over payment. Carey claimed that the day he was scheduled to compensate DaBaby for his appearance, the rapper’s team demanded an additional $10,000 to cover the cost of damages that they had to pay over their rental car.
When Carey refused the hand over the additional 5 figures, he was allegedly beaten up by DaBaby and his crew. Carey sued DaBaby for $6 million in damages for breach of contract, defamation, and intentional infliction of emotional distress. DaBaby filed a countersuit against Carey for unspecified damages, accusing the promotor of using his photo and name to promote events without his permission.

DaBaby
Prosecutors ultimately dropped the criminal battery charge DaBaby faced, and on Monday (Dec. 19) the “Bop” rapper gained another victory, with the jury siding in his favor.
The entertainer’s attorney, Drew Findling, released a statement on the court victory and said,
“Along with our client, Jonathan Kirk (DaBaby), we are thrilled that this federal jury, after a five-day trial, came to the same conclusion that we have maintained for almost 3 years – that these plaintiffs were attempting to use the legal system to shake down Mr. Kirk.”
Findling continued,
“Mr. Kirk deserves all the credit in the world for not caving in to these plaintiffs’ cash demands and having the confidence in the facts and his legal team to take this to a jury trial for a complete and total victory!”

DaBaby
Hopefully, DaBaby’s luck will carry over to his next legal drama. As you may recall, the rapper was recently hit with a copyright infringement suit over his song “Rockstar.” A music producer with the stage name JuJu Beatz claims DaBaby stole the entire beat from him for his No. 1 song.

What are your thoughts on this entire situation? Tell us below!
Previous Article
Next Article
Aaliyah’s Estate Seemingly Backs Move To Cover R. Kelly’s Face On “Age Ain’t Nothing But A Number” Vinyl Reissue
Here For It? Spotify Launching New Tool That Allows Users To Create ‘Responsible’ AI-Generated Covers & Remixes Of Their Favorite Songs From Participating Artists/Songwriters
K. Michelle Seemingly Throws Major Shade At Tamar Braxton, Says She’s Open To A Verzuz Battle Against “The Muppet”
Cardi B Wants Round 2! Eyes Second Tour Leg After Strong Ticket Sales
Tank & Durand Bernarr Take Their ‘Beef To FaceTime & End It w/ Laughs: ‘It’s Never That Serious’
Saweetie Hit w/ $3 Million Lawsuit After Promoter Claims She Took Japan Concert Deposit & Performed Elsewhere
Angelina Jolie & Brad Pit’s Daughter Zahara Jolie Graduates From Spelman College
Funk Legend & “Atomic Dog” Artist George Clinton Sues Universal Music Group Over Alleged Royalty Freeze