They came. They saw. They conquered. The 2014 MTV Video Music Awards went out with a bang Sunday night in Inglewood, CA. Held at the Forum, some of the country’s hottest and biggest artist hit the stage for the celebration of music.
In no particular order, we’ve listed a few of our favorite moments:
1. MTV’s moment of silence for Mike Brown and Ferguson, MO. Common told the audience, ‘I want us all to take a moment of silence for Mike Brown and for peace in this country and the world.’
2. Cup Cakin’ for the cameras. For the past month, rumors have swirled that rapper Big Sean and singer Ariana Grande are dating. Initially, we thought nothing of this. Afterall, the two have a hit record together. During the awards show, we caught the two backstage holding hands. #IfYouHoldMyHandThatMeansWeGoTogether.
3. Oopsie! Wardrobe malfunctions are nothing new for Nicki Minaj and Sunday night was no different. During her performance with Jessie Jay and Ariana Grande, the Anaconda singer tightly held her top together, saving herself and her nipples.
4. A homeless young man stole our hearts, as he accepted Video of the Year Award for Miley Cyrus. He shared that at one point, he was homeless living in LA, pursuing his dream. Miley, along with much of the crowd, had an emotional moment, as they listened.
5. Beyonce’s flawless set almost made us feel like we were at her concert. She received the Vanguard Award, presented to her by her husband Jay Z and Blue Ivy. Jay handed her the award, declaring her the ‘Greatest Living Entertainer ‘.