Ice Cube Wants Control Of The ‘Friday’ Film Franchise: It’s My Movie

Ice Cube Wants Control Of The ‘Friday’ Film Franchise: It’s My Movie
It looks like Ice Cube is still fighting for control over the ‘Friday’ franchise!
During a recent episode of the Hotboxin’ with Mike Tyson podcast, Ice Cube (real name O’Shea Jackson) was asked about the future of the ‘Friday’ films. The rapper-turned-filmmaker said,
“I don’t know. Warner Brothers is weird right now. I don’t know what they’re doing, they don’t know what they’re doing.”
He continued,
“We’d love to have it back. I think it’s gonna be close to a time when we can get it back. So we’ll either wait for that time, or we’ll keep trying to convince them that they need to let us control the movie. It’s my movie, but they have distribution control.”

When Mike Tyson asked Ice Cube if he’d ever considered purchasing the rights, the ‘Friday’ producer immediately replied,
“I ain’t putting sh*t up for it. F**k no. They need to give it to me, and they’re gonna make money…I’m not [going] to pay for my own stuff, that’s stupid.”
He continued,
“They need to do the right thing, get it to us, let us turn it into more money and make the fans happy, and people will have a good time with the series. We can do a lot with it.”
This isn’t the first time Ice Cube has expressed his issues with Warner bros. As previously reported, during an interview on Drink Champs, Ice Cube revealed that he has written two different scripts for the next installment of the project, however, both were rejected by Warner Brothers. He explained,
“I’m trying to get it out of Warner Brothers, they don’t believe in the culture man… I had two scripts. I wrote one; it was the sh*t. They was like, ‘Yo, we don’t want Craig and Day-Day in jail, ’cause Craig and Day-Day went to jail for selling weed before it was legal!”
He continued,
“Then after they rejected it they had all these f*cking movies about going to jail: Orange Is The New Black … Get Hard. So then I wrote another script, and the script was really about … the youngsters in the hood having beef with the OG’s in the hood and Craig has to come back and squash that because Smokey’s son is the new Deebo and he’s wylin! They tripped on it man, they f*cked around and then John Witherspoon passed. Then Deebo passed … they just f**ked it up.”
While speaking with Mike Tyson, Ice Cube claimed Warner Bros. rejected the first script because “the timing wasn’t right,” and the second script “was in development hell.”
“They just kept giving you note after note after note, never giving you the green light.”
What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below!
[VIA]
Previous Article
Next Article
[UPDATE] Dispatch Audio Suggests Hayden Panettiere May Have Suffered An Overdose
Gary Owen Defends Kevin Hart As He Addresses Hate Comedian Receives
Halle Berry Gets Candid About Faking Orgasms In Her Younger Years: ‘Sometimes, You Just Want The Pounding To Stop’
Comedian & Actor Na’im Lynn Says Working On A Tyler Perry Show Is ‘Acting Bootcamp’
Brad Pitt Says He’s No Longer Sober, Back To Drinking Alcohol After Seven Years
Y’all Ready? ‘Michael 2’ Filming Is Expected To Begin In Late 2026 Or Early 2027
Michael Jackson’s Nephew & “Michael” Star Jaafar Jackson Set To Join Will Smith In Action Thriller “Supermax”
Tyler Perry Helps Tuskegee Graduate Janay Duberry Enroll At Harvard By Paying Remaining Tuition