Chris Tucker Says ‘It Wasn’t Enough’ As He Explains Why He Stepped Back From Hollywood After Earning $48M For ‘Rush Hour’ Trilogy

Chris Tucker
Chris Tucker Says ‘It Wasn’t Enough’ As He Explains Why He Stepped Back From Hollywood After Earning $48M For ‘Rush Hour’ Trilogy
Chris Tucker believes there’s more to life than the dollar sign.
During a recent interview, Chris Tucker detailed why he decided to take a break from acting. Reportedly, outside of an appearance in the 2012 “Silver Linings Playbook” and the 2016 “Billy Flynn’s Long Halftime Walk” films, Chris Tucker was focused on other things besides making movies. Thankfully, his break appears to be over and fans can see him in the recently released “Air” movie.
When he explained his hiatus from Hollywood Chris Tucker shared:
“The way I kind of stepped back from Hollywood at one point, you know, being the highest paid actor in Hollywood. But I felt like, you know, it was a ceiling right there and I wanted more. It wasn’t enough. So I stepped back and lived a little bit, traveled the world, and did a lot of humanitarian stuff that really broadened my perspective on the world.”
According to reports, Tucker earned $15,000 for his role in the 1995 stoner comedy film “Friday.” However, he went on to make around $48M for his part in the “Rush Hour” franchise, which has released three films to date.
Tucker continued and expressed that he wants his purpose to be more than just a character on a screen.
“That, you know, it ain’t just about me being the biggest comic actor in the world, it’s about becoming somebody to give to the world – inspire in some kind of way, hopefully. I like that I did that.”
As previously reported, during an interview with Atlanta radio station V-103, Tucker said he’s ready to get back into his workaholic bag.
“I wanna work till I drop now. I traveled the world over and over again…now I’m ready to work. You’re gonna see a lot of good stuff coming, but it’s gonna be on a whole ’nother level.”
He also hinted at another “Rush Hour” installment.
“That’s what I like about it, I’m excited about that, it’s not gonna be what you’ve normally seen. … Now, Rush Hour 4, that’s something I definitely will probably drop in there, ’cause I love working with Jackie. But I’ve got some new stuff I think y’all really gonna like.”
What are your thoughts on Chris Tucker taking a break from his Hollywood career? Tell us below.
[VIA]
Previous Article
Next Article
Shaquille O’Neal Says Marvel Rejected His Attempts To Join ‘Avengers’ Franchise: ‘They Turned Me Down’
Snoop Dogg Biopic Casts Rising Actor Myles Bullock Be As Dr. Dre
‘The Blind Side’ Star Quinton Aaron Says He Hasn’t Spoken To Ex Since Learning She Was Still Married To Another Man: “I Don’t Need To Speak To Her Ever Again”
[UPDATE] Dispatch Audio Suggests Hayden Panettiere May Have Suffered An Overdose
Gary Owen Defends Kevin Hart As He Addresses Hate Comedian Receives
Halle Berry Gets Candid About Faking Orgasms In Her Younger Years: ‘Sometimes, You Just Want The Pounding To Stop’
Comedian & Actor Na’im Lynn Says Working On A Tyler Perry Show Is ‘Acting Bootcamp’
Brad Pitt Says He’s No Longer Sober, Back To Drinking Alcohol After Seven Years