Jonathan Majors Wants More Time To Respond To Assault Lawsuit From Ex Grace Jabbari, Says They’re ‘Engaged In Meaningful Dialogue About The Case’

Jonathan Majors, Grace Jabbari
Jonathan Majors Wants More Time To Respond To Assault Lawsuit From Ex Grace Jabbari, Says They’re ‘Engaged In Meaningful Dialogue About The Case’
Actor Jonathan Majors is looking to push back a court deadline for an assault and defamation lawsuit.
The movie star reportedly submitted court documents seeking additional time to respond to the complaint, claiming he’s been having important conversations with the plaintiff, his former girlfriend Grace Jabbari.

Jonathan Majors
Court documents obtained by In Touch revealed that new lawyers for Jonathan Majors, 34, filed the motion in response to the civil suit filed by Grace Jabbari, 30. Requesting that his deadline to respond to the suit be postponed from August 15th to September 19th, Jonathan Majors‘ attorneys wrote in the document:
“The Parties are in agreement that an extension beyond August 15, 2024 is necessary for the following reasons; (1) [Jonathan’s] counsel is still in the process of gathering the relevant file with respect to the case; and (2) counsel for [Grace] and [Jonathan] are currently engaged in important dialogue regarding the case and need additional time to have these extensive discussions.”

Grace Jabbari, Jonathan Majors
The lawyers didn’t expand any further on the nature of the aforementioned conversations, and it doesn’t appear anything more has been said about the matter publicly. As we previously covered, latest reports about the case stated that Majors began preparing “counterclaims” to Grace Jabbari’s allegations of defamation, battery, and assault, shortly after she filed the complaint in March.


Jonathan Majors, Grace Jabbari
Majors was arrested in March 2023 following a domestic dispute with Jabbari and was subsequently convicted of misdemeanor assault and harassment. A court judge sentenced him to a 52-week in-person domestic violence intervention program as punishment for the crime. Though he avoided jail time, Majors‘ career took a vital blow, with a number of his projects being halted or scrapped altogether. Most notably, the entertainer lost his multi-million dollar contract with Disney. He recently spoke about being replaced by fellow Marvel star Robert Downey Jr.

It has not been reported that a judge has ruled on Majors‘ deadline postponement request at this time.
Thoughts? Leave them for us in the comments below!
Previous Article
Next Article
Chris Rock Jokingly Breaks Down How Eddie Murphy’s Home Studio Cost Him A $30 Million “Shrek” Payday
Actress Pam Grier Reveals Her Orgasms Last ‘Three Whole Days’ At Age 76: ‘You Just Be Prepared’
“Rush Hour 4” Director Reportedly Joining Trump On China Trip To Scout Filming Locations
Comedian & Actor Lil Rel Howery Slams Tony Hincheliffe For ‘Disgusting’ George Floyd Joke At Kevin Hart Roast, Says Audience Should Have Booed Him
Michael B. Jordan Has New Amazon Projects Including ‘Creed’ Spinoff, Muhammad Ali Series & ‘Fourth Wing’
Kevin Hart’s Entertainment Company Hartbeat Reportedly In Full-Blown Crisis Involving Layoffs, Lawsuits & Stalled Projects
Taraji P. Henson Calls Out Celebs Attending Bezos-Backed Met Gala: “WTF Are We Doing?”
Cameron Diaz, 53, & Husband Benji Madden, 47, Reveal They ve Privately Welcomed Third Baby