Roland Martin Reacts To TV One Canceling Show
Roland Martin Reacts To TV One Canceling Show
Roland Martin is addressing reports that his daily news show, NewsOne Now, has been canceled by TV One. He says,
Fam, the sad news is true. The staff of @tvonetv #NewsOneNow was informed this afternoon that after four years of doing groundbreaking and award-winning work, the show will cease production at the end of the year. Our last live show will be Dec. 21.
Martin continues,
The emails, text messages, phone calls, Facebook and Twitter posts have been amazing. Your love for our work on @tvonetv #NewsOneNow is warming my heart and that of my staff. To read these amazing comments about how much the show meant to you is unbelievable. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
As previously reported, the network is said to have canceled the show, due to budget cuts. They have also released a statement stating,
We are committed to providing quality news to our viewers and to our long-standing relationship with Roland Martin News OneNow who will continue to have a voice on TV One.
Follow us: @theJasmineBRAND on Twitter | theJasmineBRAND on Facebook| theJasmineBRAND_ on Instagram


Previous Article
Next Article
Harvard Agrees To $53 Million Settlement After Former Morgue Manager Stole & Sold Body Parts From Donated Bodies
Family Of Nolan Wells, Mississippi College Student Who Mysteriously Died During 4th Of July Boating Trip, Pens Heartfelt Message On What Would Have Been His 19th Birthday
Florida Police Officer Accused Of Using Flock Cameras To Keep Tabs On His Estranged Wife More Than 700 Times
Jasmine Brand Brings 30 DC-Area Women Together For Intimate ‘CONNECT’ Brunch, Plans Multi-City Expansion
Woman Claims GLP-1 Weight Loss Drugs Caused Her To Lose Her Eyesight, Wants Warning Added To Labels
[Update] Atlanta Sisters Found Safe After Babysitter Allegedly Abducted Them-Mother Believes Woman Had Been ‘Plotting’ To Steal Her Kids
NAACP Joins Legal Team Representing Family Of Nolan Wells
Amber Alert Issued: Atlanta Police Say Babysitter Abducted Two Young Sisters
This is a DAMN shame. What are WE going to do for news?
Roland will have to do the Oprah and get his own show because i watch his show every morning that it is on and every morning i say (wow, i know that the MAN doesn’t want a brother like this that is so smart on TV waking up black folks with information that is good for black folks coming from a real black man.
When Roland goes, so do I! They recently change his show from 1 hour to 2. So didn’t they know about needed budget cuts then! If budget cuts were the issue, the could have cut all those made for TVONE movies and all those Good Times, Sanford and Son, and Cosby shows that everyone is tired if seeing. Something stinks here!
But they keeping Sister Circle? ?
Weird how Atlanta cut Tom Joyners Morning show right before this. Roland broadcasted simultaneously with them! This seems very fishy!