Young Dolph – Memorial Site Where His Murder Took Place To Be Taken Down Soon, Building Owner Receives Backlash

Young Dolph
Young Dolph – Memorial Site Where His Murder Took Place To Be Taken Down Soon, Building Owner Receives Backlash
Fans of the late Young Dolph are not happy about the removal of his memorial site.
Earlier this week it was reported that the owner of Makeda’s Cookies – the crime scene where Young Dolph was murdered last November -plans to permanently close the shop, and the building owner subsequently plans to remove the memorial site that was started in his honor.

Young Dolph
Just last week (March 2nd), Jeremiah Taylor, who was featured on local Memphis news for his dedication to maintaining rapper Young Dolph’s memorial site, was shot and killed at the very place the “Major” artist was murdered. Now, the owner of Makeda’s Cookies on Airways Boulevard, Pamela Hill, says she no longer feels safe reopening the store.
According to a local news reporter, the decision not to reopen was tough for the shops owner, however, she reported via twitter:
“They felt it was the right one to make out of respect for Memphis rapper Young Dolph”

Following the decision of the store owner not to reopen, the owners of the actual building where the murder took place decided it was time to remove the memorial, and find someone new to rent the location.
The decision received some outrage from fans who want to keep the memorial in tact in honor of the late rappers memory. However some community members understood the business aspect of the decision. Memphis activist Frank Gotti reportedly stated:
“I understand you have to lease it out and run a business. I understand it. It’s his building and nobody can argue with him on that. I appreciate him for keeping it up this long.”
RIP Dolph?
Tribute video my sister and I put together for @YoungDolph
link to full video in comments@PaperRouteEmp @KeyGLOCK@RICCOBARRINO#longlive? #memphis#LLD pic.twitter.com/ZM2o1HtR6w
— BlackDoug (@BlackkDougg) March 6, 2022
Young Dolph’s label, Paper Route Empire, reportedly told local Memphis news station ABC24 that they plan to set up a new memorial in Castalia Heights this week.
[VIA]
Do you agree with the building owners decision to remove the burial site? Let us know in the comments.
Previous Article
Next Article
Joe Budden & N.O.R.E Take Shots At Rappers Who Failed At Podcasting
Marlon Wayans & Soulja Boy Exchange Words After Soulja Boy Calls Comedian A ‘B*tch’
Young Thug Fans React After He Shares Plans To “Drop One On These Rats’ Following Prison Release
Boosie Breaks Down in Tears At Trouble’s Funeral: He Always Supported Me
Michelle Williams Talks Insecurities With Her Singing Voice: Vocally, I Was Not A Favorite In Destiny’s Child & That Stuck With Me
Kehlani Adjusts ‘After Hours’ Song After TikToker Critiques Its Sound Quality: ‘You Just Made The Song So Much Better’
Gospel Artists John P. Kee & Bishop Hezekiah Walker Are Battling Each Other On IG
Ex NBA Star Nick Young Criticizes Lil Nas X For His ‘Satan Shoes’: “My Kids Will Never Play Old Town Road Again” + Later Apologizes, Says He Was Hacked