NFL Hopeful Kyren Lacy’s Agent Slams League & Police Department Over Handling Of His Legal Case Before Apparent Su*cide
NFL Hopeful Kyren Lacy’s Agent Slams League & Police Department Over Handling Of His Legal Case Before Apparent Su*cide
Following the heartbreaking passing of former LSU wide receiver Kyren Lacy, his agent, Rocky Arceneaux, is publicly criticizing the NFL and law enforcement for how they handled Lacy’s situation leading up to his death.
View this post on Instagram
In a statement released earlier today, April 18, Arceneaux shared his belief that both the legal system and the NFL failed Lacy in the wake of the car crash that led to negligent homicide charges. He wrote:
“As stated by Kyren’s attorney, we expected all charges to have been dropped at his hearing this past Monday. Kyren was heartbroken by the tragic loss of Mr. Hall. He was willing to adhere to any civil matters, regardless of the Grand Jury’s decision. That aside, the system failed us, and we are now mourning the loss of two lives.”
He continued:
“To the NFL, shame on you for revoking Kyren’s Combine invitation without acknowledgement or consideration of the facts. I urge you to re-evaluate your processes and provide athletes with the necessary due process before alienating them from their peers and dreams they’ve worked so hard for. Shame on the Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office for being more concerned about public perception — and the pressure to charge someone — than actually investigating the facts.”
Reports confirm that Lacy, 24, died by apparent suicide on April 12, 2025, in Houston, Texas, during a police pursuit.
At the time, he was facing charges related to a December 2024 car accident in Louisiana that resulted in the death of 78-year-old Herman Hall. Lacy had been charged with negligent homicide, felony hit-and-run, and reckless operation of a vehicle. A grand jury was scheduled to review the case on April 14, just two days after his passing.
Lacy had recently wrapped up an impressive final season at LSU, leading the team with nine touchdown receptions and ranking second in both receptions and receiving yards. Despite his legal troubles, he declared for the 2025 NFL Draft and participated in LSU’s Pro Day on March 26.

Previous Article
Next Article
Tiger Woods Salutes ‘Fantastic’ Black Lives Matter Movement ‘As Long As We Make Changes Without Hurting The Innocent’
Magic Johnson Pledges $500K Donation To HBCU Xavier University In Honor Of School’s First Black President, Norman C. Francis
Tristan Thompson Allegedly Spent Thousands On Khloe Kardashian & Her Family While Ignoring His Son, Jordan Craig Says
Antonio Brown Wants To Resolve Off-Field Issues & Return To NFL
Kevin Durant Recalls Having ‘Beef’ With Kobe Bryant: He Didn’t Even Know
Update: Ex-Lakers Star Trevor Ariza Turns Over Weapons After Estranged Wife Was Granted Restraining Order Due To His ‘Extreme’ Physical Abuse
Charles Barkley Turns Down Contract Offer From NBC: ‘My Heart Is & Will Always Be At Turner Sports’
UPDATE: Former NFL Player Adam ‘Pacman’ Jones Pleads Not Guilty To A$$aulting A Police Officer, Lawyer Says He Simply Exercised His Right To Ask Why He Was Being Detained