[Update] WNBA Star Dearica Hamby & Las Vegas Aces Agree To Permanently Dismiss Pregnancy Discrimination Lawsuit
[Update] WNBA Star Dearica Hamby & Las Vegas Aces Agree To Permanently Dismiss Pregnancy Discrimination Lawsuit
A years-long legal dispute between a star player and one of the WNBA’s most successful franchises has officially come to an end.
The Las Vegas Aces and Dearica Hamby have mutually agreed to dismiss Hamby’s lawsuit against the team, according to a federal court filing submitted Thursday. The dismissal was filed with prejudice in U.S. District Court in Nevada, meaning the case cannot be refiled, and both sides will cover their own legal fees.
Hamby, now a member of the Los Angeles Sparks, initially filed the lawsuit in August 2024, alleging discrimination and retaliation related to her pregnancy that she claimed led to her January 2023 trade. A federal judge previously dismissed her claims against the WNBA in May, ruling she failed to prove the league improperly handled the matter.
Speaking to Front Office Sports after the dismissal, Hamby declined to discuss the resolution but said she stood “by what I said” in her lawsuit.
Aces head coach Becky Hammon has repeatedly denied wrongdoing, stating Hamby was traded for basketball reasons tied to roster flexibility and the potential signing of Candace Parker. “I’ve never had an HR complaint. Never, not once,” Hammon said previously.
Hamby, a three-time All-Star and two-time Sixth Player of the Year with Las Vegas, is coming off a career season, while the Aces recently captured their third championship in four years.
What are your thoughts on this legal battle coming to an end?

Previous Article
Next Article
NFL Launching Inspire Change Apparel & Songs of the Season Through Its Social Justice Platform; Meek Mill, Meghan Trainor & Rapsody Named Inspire Change Advocates
Charles Barkley Donates $1 Million To Spelman College
Doja Cat, Tems & J Balvin Set To Perform At First Ever FIFA Club World Cup Final Halftime Show
Serena Williams Reveals She Lost Over 30 Pounds Using Weight Loss Medication: ‘It Was A Good Decision’
NFL Stars Stefon & Trevon Diggs’ Brother Involved In Alleged Robbery & Elevator Attack On Man In Los Angeles Apartment Building
David Ortiz Was Allegedly Targeted by Drug Kingpin César ‘The Abuser’ Peralta in 2019 Shooting
NBA Reportedly Won’t Test Players For Recreational Drugs When Season Resumes
NBA Player Haywood Highsmith Sued For Reckless Driving After Victim Of Car Crash Had To Have Leg Amputated