National Counterterrorism Center Director Resigns, Says He ‘Cannot In Good Conscience Support Trump’s War In Iran
National Counterterrorism Center Director Resigns, Says He ‘Cannot In Good Conscience Support Trump’s War In Iran
Yet another of #Trump’s loyal followers appears to be changing course.
Joseph “Joe” Kent, the director of the U.S. National Counterterrorism Center, announced his resignation Tuesday (Mar. 17) in a public statement sharply criticizing the Trump administration’s war with #Iran. Kent said he “cannot in good conscience support the ongoing war in Iran,” and added that “Iran posed no imminent threat to our nation,” contradicting the justification administration officials have publicly offered for the conflict. He also claimed that the U.S. “started this war due to pressure from Israel and its powerful American lobby.”
Confirmed last July by the Senate by a narrow vote, Kent led the agency responsible for analyzing and coordinating U.S. counterterrorism efforts. His departure underscores growing dissent even among officials who previously supported the Trump administration’s national security approach. The White House has not yet commented on Kent’s resignation.

Previous Article
Next Article
Justice Department Announces $1.7 Billion Fund To Compensate Trump Allies In Deal To Drop IRS Suit
Nicki Minaj Explains Support For Donald Trump, Says “A Lot Of Rappers Don’t Like Jay-Z But Are Afraid To Say It”
Donald Trump Says White House Was A “S—house” Before He Returned To Office
Trump Secret Service Agent Arrested After Creepy Hotel Stalking Incident & Pleasuring Himself Outside Of Victims’ Room
Obama Speaks Out After R*cist Al Video Shared By Trump – “I’d Never Talk About Somebody’s Family That Way”
Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani Breathing On His Own After Being Hospitalized w/ Pneumonia & Placed On A Ventilator, Spokesperson Says
Former Bl*ckface Performer Running For Maryland House Seat – Defends Past As “Misunderstood”
Trump Calls For Mandatory Cognitive Exams For Presidential Candidates, Says It Would Prevent People Like ‘Sleepy Joe Biden’ & Barack Obama From Being Elected