Mar

rush limbaugh-comments on beyonces bow down lyrics-the jasmine brand

Days later, and Beyonce’s new song,Bow Down, still has folk talking. Click here to read the full own argument that’s still going down in the Jasmine Brand’s comment section :) And fans and critics aren’t the only one’s still taking sides. The controversial radio personality, Rush Limbaugh, says he agrees with Beyonce’s lyrics, saying that they advise women to ‘put up with’ their men. He explained:

“She married the rich guy. She now understands it’s worth it to bow down to men. She’s going to call herself Mrs. Carter on the Bow Down B——s tour.”

This week, on during her ‘Hot Topics’ segment, Wendy Williams’ panel chimed in on the lyrics, with Wendy flat-out disapproving of Bey’s new direction.

Screen shot 2013-03-21 at 7.30.37 AM

Check out the video below.

And if you’re still on the fence of whether you approve or disapprove, check out the lyrics to the song below.

[Hook]
I’m out that H-town
Coming, coming down
I’m coming down dripping candy on the ground
H, H-town, town, I’m coming down
Coming down dripping candy on the ground

[Verse 1]
I know when you were little girls
You dreamt of being in my world
Don’t forget it , don’t forget it
Respect that, bow down bitches
I took some time to live my life
But don’t think I’m just his little wife
Don’t get it twisted, get it twisted
This my shit, bow down bitches

[Bridge]
Bow down bitches, bow bow down bitches
Bow down bitches, bow bow down bitches
H-town vicious, h-h-town vicious
I’m so crown, bow bow down bitches

[Hook x2]
I been on, I been on, I been on
Tell me who gon take me off
Take me off, take me off, take me off

[Verse 2]
Rolling high, leather and wood
Keep it trill, that’s what good
Kiss my momma, show that love
Pop them bottles in that club
I heard your boo was talking lip
I told my crew to smack that trick
Smack that trick, smack that trick
Guess what they did, smack that trick
Gold everything, gold ass chain
Gold ass rings, gold ass fangs
You can see me stunt when you turn on ya screen
You can see me stunt when you turn on ya screen
I’m bigger than life, my name in the lights
I’m the number one chick, ain’t need no hype
The capital B means, I’m ‘bout that life
The capital B means, I’m ‘bout that life

[Hook]

[Outro]
I remember my baby hair with my dookie braids
Frenchy’s, Boudin in the parking lot
Shout out to Willie D
I was in that Willie D video when I was about fourteen, looking crazy
Shout out Pimp C
You know we used to sneak and listen to that UGK
Didn’t do your girl but your sister was alright, damn
In ya homeboy’s Caddy last night man, haha
Hold up, Texas trill
H-town going down, man

[NY Daily News, Rap Genius]

zv7qrnb

18 Comments to “Rush Limbaugh Says Beyonce’s Song Means Women Should ‘Bow Down’ To Men + Wendy Williams Disapproves”

1. vapariga says:

First of all, we all know that Rush Limbaugh is a pure asshole…nuf said. As for Beyonce, I’m highly disappointed. Love, love her but this is very narciscistic, condesending and disrespectful to women, especially the young one’s that look up to her. WTF? ”
    I know when you were little girls
    You dreamt of being in my world” … did you not think about your daughter? OK Bey, I can’t wait for your explanation on this one. SMDH. If it was meant to shock people or draw attention, #1 you don’t need it and #2, bad P/R move. Very bad.

• DIVA says:

I totally agree with you^. This was the wrong song for her. She has the First Lady calling her a role model and I don’t think this song fits her. I also think she does not need to do anything for attention because she has always received the attention from just being Beyonce. I have lost respect for her…sorry…this was not a good move for her. She contradicted who everybody thought she was.

• jinx says:

I gues you guys forgot about the “EGO” song. When was it appropriate to sing about her man’s junk and do a strip tease….please! Wendy needs some business and I’m not a Beyoncee fan. The song is not that bad, I thought it addressed her “haters.”

2. CocktailJay says:

She told these dummes…she’s been a hoodrat. She was in that Willie D video…she used to rock that UGK…Look at that last verse. This ratchetness isn’t new to her. These people need to chill. Yall put people on a pedestal then get mad when they fall off of it. Perhaps she never belonged on there anyway.

• Ms. AG says:

Dittox10 Its crazy seeing how many ppl bought the innocent act. She gave us glimpses if it a few time but ppl obviously weren’t paying attn. That innocent acy but i give her props…millions bought it. FoodFood for thought: Yall think she could keep up with Jay if the true her is wat the public has bought into for years. Pauleeze…..yall sleeping tho.

3. Razzi says:

My friend and i had this conversation yesterday. For Rihanna, this song would be ok; for Beyonce- not so much. So artists just need to remain semi-transparent and she is one of them. She doesn’t have to tell us to “Bow Down” or talk about how great she is. She exudes that confidence in everything that she does. It is that unspoken truth that doesn’t need to be stated. Im not a fan of the song.

4. I’m conflicted. In my mind, music is art. It shouldn’t be constricted. It’s no different than playing a part in a movie role. Why should she be confined to a certain ‘type’ of lyrics?

• Ms. AG says:

So true Jas….I’m not tripping about the lyrics as potty mouth riri my girl :D…..but dang the song just turble…real turble. LOLOL

• Anonymous says:

Yes jasmine!!!!! Music is art!! People stop being so serious!

• Kim Ish says:

Yes, music is Art. Unfortunately, children learn lyrics to music better than they can recite the periodic table or memorize the multiplication tables. Unlike Haley, Walker and Douglas…decades after her death her Art will not stand the test of time

• The Mrs says:

hey jasmine did u put up love and hip hop episode 10 and I missed it on here? Did u stop with the real housewives of Atlanta also?

5. Kim Ish says:

Finally the real Bey’ rears her ugly head. I am not a hater. Am I wealthy , no. Would I like to be , yes. Do I want to be Bey’ no. That being said, in my humble opinion, Bey’ is not a woman I want my daughter to listen to and or follow. She is like the Shepard who leads his flock to slaughter. Set up her fans to follow her just to call them bitc***. Wow…here is a new lyric, get your education before he puts a ring on..Look at her lineage. Her father is out there making babies with girls young enough to be his own. Its obvious there is no great influence of substance from her mother. Hence she feels its okay to call other females bitc**. Mothers hide your children from her so called Art. By the way…Girls, get your education before he puts a ring on it!…shame on her

• Raven H. says:

She is not calling all women B****s!! Did you actually listen to the song? And what, just because she made one song that is different from her others, she isn’t a good role model anymore? Look at all of the other activities she is involved with. Beyonce is a GREAT role model!! For you to even say that is ridiculous…so if you had a daughter out of wedlock, would you want your daughter to look up to you?

6. MIa Moffitt says:

This song is sending all the wrong messages to people that look up tp beyonce and I’m not bowing to nobody but God , this was a very bad look on her

7. ves says:

The only “B” is Bey herself and she doesn’t have to worry about HTown and Don’t bother coming back WE Supported and MADE YOU FOOL!
    She never lived the Ghetto Life her Dad had a good job and was there for his family ….she was spoiled rotten!
    Love the fact she is now trying. Hoodrat …LOL
    She didn’t have to strip to get attention or act the HO …but she did it anyway!! Sounds like old boy gets it on the side from the song!
    So guess Bey is the one on her knees!!
    Will not buy anything her name is associated with!

• islandgrrrl says:

Exactly! Too hilarious coming from where she comes from that she’s trying to ‘act’ all gangsta. What the hell does she know about that life? She was a pretty, spoiled girl molded to be a star by her daddy. She’s telling those who made her to now bow down to her? Don’t send a song like that out to your fans, what the hell were you thinking? Self-sabotage is what she’s about.

8. Carly says:

I’m female and I honestly enjoy this song. I think everyone is getting the wrong idea (I know this article came out a year ago) but I guess you all missed the memo about modern lingo. B**** can refer to anyone, not just women, even though at the beginning it does sound like that’s what she is aiming the song at. Bear in mind that Beyoncé is the world’s largest rockin’ feminist. I look up to her, I am a feminist, and so should many women. The message to this song “Flawless” is that all women are flawless, the interpretations are twisting what Beyoncé stated in the song to not get twisted. Use your own brains, guys. Take into consideration what and who Beyoncé is before you open your mouths because some Rush guy can’t keep it shut. There a mixed messages behind this song but it’s enjoyable and it can be empowering. And the little girls thing was, probably, referring to what many wanted as children who admired her and that we shouldn’t forget our dreams. It can be interpreted many different way but you’re all missing the second half of the song, clearly, where she tells women that we are flawless beings and she feels the same about herself. So, hush up, use your own heads to figure out what Beyoncé is thinking and stop listening to Rush and Wendy talk it out.