Aug

Written by tjbwriteratlanta in Blog

Deitrick-Haddon-Marries-Dominique-McTyer-2013-The-Jasmine-Brand

Pastor Deitrick Haddon is officially off the market. Following last year’s announcement that he was divorcing his wife of 15 years, Damita Haddon, the ‘Preachers of L.A.’ star has married girlfriend Dominique McTyer, 29, in early July. Haddon, 40, took to Instagram to announce the nuptials posting:

Today was one of the greatest days of my life. I’m no longer a single guy. @domerella has taken me off the market!!! I’m a married man!!!

The couple announced their engagement earlier this year, shortly after his divorce was finalized. Prior to the divorce, Haddon accused fellow gospel singer Isaac Caree of having an affair with his then wife, Damita ultimately leading to their divorce.

deitrick haddon-pastors of la-reality show-the jasmine brand

In an radio interview with Yolanda Adams, he discussed his feelings:

I experienced that, how you can be so hurt from people and things that happen in life that you say, ‘I don’t care nothing about church, singing no gospel music, I don’t care nothing about none of it. I’m just trying to live!’ When you go through something like that, you kind of lose your mind for a minute, and I actually lost my mind for a minute. But thank God for His mercy and grace. He brought me back.”

The couple have a one-year-old daughter, Destin. Oxygen’s ‘Preachers of L.A’ is set to premiere this fall, highlighting the lives of six mega-pastors both in and outside the church. Along with Haddon, the cast includes Clarence McClendon, Jay Haizlip, Bishop Noel Jones, Ron Gibson, and Wayne Chaney.

deitrick haddon-marries baby mama girlfriend-preachers of la-the jasmine brand

[Christian Post, Instagram]

9 Comments to “‘Preachers Of LA’ Reality Star, Pastor Deitrick Haddon Marries Girlfriend Dominique McTyer”

1. NAT says:

Pastors these days just aren’t the same as back in the day! Lawd today

• DIVA says:

Amen @ Nat! You are so right. We need those preachers from back in the day because I don’t know what is going on. Now a reality show with preachers…SMH

2. D'ana says:

Bishop Noel Jones is Grace Jones twin brother!!! I wonder if the show will talk about his “secret child” out of wedlock with Stacey Francis from the first season of X-Factor… hmmm & SMH!

• susan says:

these preachers are not preachers for Jesus. Jesus, his disciples, nor the old testament preachers. lets not talk about David, he was a king not a preacher.

• susan says:

this is what I meant to say. these preachers are not preachers for Jesus. Jesus, his disciples, nor the old testament preachers were whoremongers. lets not talk about David, he was a king not a preacher.

3. Miss AG says:

Everyone is doing it!

4. Fay says:

I just pray that God will intervene and make this useful to win souls. I pray that this does not become a distraction in God’s community that it will be of God only. It scares me, just being honest. Scares me to think that there could be backlashes not only to the participants of the show but the christian community. I’ve not heard anyone say they prayed about it, unless I missed it. However, I want the best for our christian community and I know that times are changing, and I can only pray that all is well with this. Good luck and God Bless!

5. Christina says:

I too pray that this show serves more of a honest purpose to Ministry n not about selling Jesus but Winning Souls to Christ…too many unrealistic Christians out here all ready…Please dont shame God…”Preachers of LA!”

6. reesa says:

Preachers are not perfect. If his wife really cheated on him. Im sure as a human being he was hurt. Im not in agreement with pre marital sex and children out of wedlock. However he married her. Our father is a forgiven God. Aren’t we glad he gives us great and mercy everyday. Are we glad that because of the blood of Christ, our sins are forgiving. Be careful not to judge because we sin daily and want the father to forgive us.
    Amen.