Late last month, news was finally confirmed that VH1’s newly rumored reality show, The Gossip Game, was official. Starring known (and a few unknown) media personalities, the show will follow seven media personalities covering the fast-paced, competitive urban entertainment beat in New York City.
The network has released the following description:
Every day, these ambitious women navigate the ever-shifting landscape of the media industry, where they strive to preserve their place in the ‘pecking order’ while chasing the latest exclusive scoop. These rivals, who often find themselves at the epicenter of celebrity controversy, forge an uneasy alliance of friendly foes as they compete to hit their professional marks by being the first to break the latest news and divulge the intimate details of the enviable lives of hip hop’s movers and shakers.
This week, the first official promo aired, highlight a bit of personality from the new cast, which includes:
- –Angela Yee, co-host of the “Breakfast Club” show on Power 105.1;
- –K. Foxx, co-host of “The Cipha Sounds & Rosenberg Show with K. Foxx” on Hot 97 FM;
- –Kim Osorio, Editor-In-Chief of The Source magazine;
- –Sharon Carpenter, reporter on Russell Simmons’ Global Grind website;
- –Jas Fly, freelance writer, whose pop culture column appears on Vibe.com twice a week;
- —Ms. Drama, host of the MsDramaTV blog and on-air personality at Major Playaz and
- —NYC Gossip Girl (Vivian Billings), owner of HipHopGossipSite.com blog.
Check out the teaser below.
What are your thoughts on the show and its cast? Do we predict any break-out stars or Drama Queens?