Asked about the video on Monday by the Associated Press, the hotel issued a statement saying it is
shocked and disappointed that there was a clear breach of our security system.
TMZ posted the video and said it was shot last week inside a Standard Hotel elevator.
It appears to show Solange attacking Jay Z in Beyonce’s presence. A security guard intervenes. There is no audio.
The hotel says the leaked video violates the confidentiality it provides customers. It says it
will discipline and prosecute the individuals involved to our fullest capacity.
Representatives for Beyonce, Jay Z and Solange didn’t immediately comment. Solange, who is active on Twitter, has yet to tweet since the video leaked. Two days after the incident, Beyonce posted the following message on Instagram, prompting speculation of the incident: