Not so good news for Katt Williams (real name Micah Sierra “Katt” Williams). According to multiple reports, the 44-year-old comedian was arrested at a supply store in Gainesville, Georgia for allegedly assaulting a clerk that works at the store.
The details on what actually took place are unclear. However, we hear that Williams got into an argument with the employee when the situation escalated. He is rumored to have thrown a store object at the clerk and also punched the person.
Williams, who is dating Love & Hip Hop Hollywood’s Hazel E, was later released on $5,000 bail. Unfortunately, Williams’ issues with the law are nothing new.
Here’s a brief rundown of some of his legal troubles:
- On November 13, 2006, he was arrested at Los Angeles International Airport after a stolen gun was found in his briefcase.
- In November 2010, Williams was arrested by police while working on a film in Coweta County, Georgia. He was accused of stealing $3,500 worth of coins and jewelry.
- On June 11, 2011, Williams was arrested in connection of an alleged assault on a tractor driver.
- On November 9, 2012, a lawsuit was filed in the Superior Court of California County of Los Angeles which alleges that on October 6, 2012, Williams hit his former assistant with “a closed fist” causing serious injury.
- On November 15, 2012, he was arrested in Oakland, California on charges of suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon for allegedly beating an 18-year-old Berkeley, California man with a bottle aboard Williams’ tour bus.
- On December 2, 2012, he was arrested in Seattle after he allegedly got into a dispute at a bar in South Lake Union. Williams’ arrest came after his no-show November 29, 2012 for the first night of a planned two-night engagement at the Paramount Theatre.
- On December 7, 2012, Williams was arrested again in Dunnigan, California on a bench warrant arising from a November 25, 2012 incident in Sacramento during which he allegedly drove a three-wheeled motorbike on a sidewalk and refused to stop for police.
- On December 28, 2012, Williams was arrested in Los Angeles on child endangerment charges. On January 8, 2013, he was arrested at his LA home after failing to appear in Sacramento to answer the November 25 motorbike charges.
- On October 29, 2014, Williams and Suge Knight were arrested for the theft of a camera from a female photographer in Beverly Hills on September 5.
Upate 2: Katt has yet to comment on his arrest. However, his girlfriend Hazel-E posted Instagram videos of the two in their tricked-out video.
A video posted by Hazel-E (@hazelebaby) on