Suge Knight’s 15th Lawyer Quits
Marion ‘Suge’ Knight is facing additional challenges within his own legal team. On Friday, he lost another defense lawyer — his 15th. Judge Ronald S. Coen released attorney Dominique Banos, citing a conflict of interest.
Outside of court, Banos explained why she decided to leave the cast. She is said to have told the judge she believes she is a target in the witness-tampering investigation that led to the indictment and removal of two of Knight’s lawyers. She denied any wrongdoing and said she regretted leaving a case she felt was winnable.
According to reports, after the judge announcing the dismissal, Knight launched into an animated, minutes-long monologue denouncing prosecutors and jail officials. He stated that their investigations and the limitations put on his visitors and phone calls forced him to blow through attorneys and settle for bad ones.
All this stuff’s a way-out, crazy situation. I should be able to spend my money the way I want it. These attorneys – nobody in the world would use these attorneys for a jaywalking ticket!
The judge appointed a 16th attorney, Robert DeBlanc. As previously reported, Knight has pleaded not guilty to murder and attempted murder for running over two men in Compton, outside a burger stand in 2015.