Floyd Mayweather Teases ‘Coming Out Of Retirement In 2020’
Floyd Mayweather is ready to get back in the ring.
The boxer revealed that he’s coming out of retirement next year.
He took to Instagram to share the news with his nearly 23 million followers on Instagram Thursday (Nov. 21).
Interestingly enough, his post came after he shared a snapshot of him and UFC President Dana White sitting courtside at the Boston Celtics game.
He said they were
“working together again to bring the world another spectacular event in 2020.”
Floyd Mayweather, whose stats are 50-0, last took part in a boxing match in August 2017. He won against Conor McGregor with a TKO, breaking Rocky Marciano’s 49-0 record.
It’s not clear who Floyd Mayweather will be fighting next year, but it could be UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov. He beat Conor McGregor and made it clear he wanted to fight Mayweather last year.
While there’s speculation that he’ll fight his previous opponent Manny Pacquiao, Mayweather said back in August that he has zero plans to fight him again after a 10-second promo for a fight against him (that he was paid $2 million for) resurfaced online.
“There is a video circulating that I made 8 months ago about a “MAYWEATHER – PACQUIAO” REMATCH. I got paid $2,200,000 to make the video. The truth is, the fight will never happen again. Now, swipe left and look at the money that got wired to me for the video. Now, who’s the smart one ? I’m making millions just for 10 second video drops.”
He even posted receipts to prove how much he got paid.
Are you here for Floyd Mayweather’s return? Tell us in the comments!