Antonio Brown Calls Out The New Orleans Saints, Says His Recent Workout Was A Publicity Stunt
Troubled former NFL star, Antonio Brown has taken his frustration to social media again following his recent workout with the New Orleans Saints last week (Dec. 27th). In a video, AB acknowledges his recent over-the-top actions online from slamming his former employers to separating himself from ever playing football professionally again. He said Tuesday (Dec. 31st),
“I know I got a really crusty tone lately. But really I’m at peace. I just don’t like the lack of respect in the world. You know, everyone has deadlines. I guess the NFL don’t have a deadline for me.”
AB continues, accusing the Saints organization of playing to the media with their invitation for AB to possibly make his return to the NFL. He called out coach Sean Payton and said,
“I appreciate Sean Payton and them guys for supporting me and bringing me out to work out. But I think it was a publicity stunt for them. Sean Payton knows the feeling of being left behind, not being able to interact with his team. I don’t have a team. But it is what it is.”
” I’m not gonna make excuses. I’m just gonna keep competing to be the difference, ‘cuz I know I’m the difference.”
AB says the Saints bringing him in for a workout was a “publicity stunt” and Sean Payton knows “the film that being left behind” pic.twitter.com/C3ddwacfv4
— B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) December 31, 2019
Following his workout last week, an NFL insider reported that the team was impressed by AB but has not shown any signs or plans to sign the 31-year-old wide receiver.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) December 29, 2019
As reported, AB has a lengthy list of accusations against him, including two female former employees who accused the NFL free agent of sexual harassment. See more here.
Saints coach Sean Payton said the team would need to get clearance from the NFL on whether AB would be eligible to play this postseason if he were to be signed by New Orleans.
“That’s the information that we’ve got to get from the league if we were to go down that road. And we don’t have that yet.”
AB’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, accompanied his client for the workout and also met with Saints officials. Rosenhaus spoke on reports on their meeting and told ESPN:
“Antonio had a very good visit today and we will continue our discussions with the Saints.”
According to reports, the receiver met with the NFL last month to address his ongoing sexual assault allegations. The meeting reportedly lasted roughly eight hours, and there could be follow-ups before a decision is made about his future.
Back in September, the New England Patriots took a chance signing AB to a 1-year/$15 million contract. That move came after his fallout with the Oakland Raiders. Just ten days later, the team released him in response to sexual assault accusations.
What are your thoughts on Antonio Brown’s calling out the Saints? Let us know in the comments!