Donald Trump Refuses To Participate In 2nd Presidential Debate After It Goes Virtual: I’m Not Going To Waste My Time
Due to Donald Trump’s positive coronavirus results, the Commission on Presidential Debates announced that the event will now be held virtually. Donald Trump says that he will not participate:
“I am not going to do a virtual debate. I am not going to waste my time on a virtual debate. That is not what debating’s all about, you sit behind a computer, that’s ridiculous. They cut you off whenever you want.”
Joe Biden and his team have already signed on to a second debate. Initially, Joe Biden said he didn’t want to participate because of Donald Trump’s COVID-19 status. He said Wednesday (Oct. 7th):
“I think if he still has COVID, we shouldn’t have a debate. I think we were gonna have to follow very strict guidelines. Too many people have been infected. It’s a very serious problem, so I will be guided by the guidelines of the Cleveland Clinic and what the docs say is the right thing to do.”
He later agreed to a virtual debate. The deputy campaign manager and communications director to his campaign, Kate Bedingfield, said Thursday (Oct. 8th):
“Vice President Biden looks forward to speaking directly to the American people and comparing his plan for bringing the country together and building back better with Donald Trump’s failed leadership on the coronavirus that has thrown the strong economy he inherited into the worst downturn since the Great Depression.”
Last week, Donald Trump made the announcement that one of his top advisors, Hope Hicks, was diagnosed with COVID – 19.
He later announced that he and his wife Melania Trump tested positive.
What are your thoughts on Donald Trump not being involved in a second debate? Tell us in the comments.