Soulja Boy ‘Vehemently’ Denies Sexual Assault Claims, Says He’s Taking Legal Action ‘Against These Lies’
Soulja Boy, real name DeAndre Cortez Way, has spoken out after his former assistant sued him for sexual assault.
He said in a statement Friday, Jan. 22, according to TMZ,
“I vehemently and unequivocally deny these allegations. I am in contact with my legal team and the appropriate legal action will be taken against these lies.”
A rep for Soulja Boy also said,
“Soulja would never put his hands on a female. He wouldn’t beat a woman or put his hands on a woman … this is non-sense!!!”
As previously reported, a woman, identified as Jane Doe, took legal action against Soulja Boy with allegations that he sexually assaulted her several times. She claimed that he held her hostage and didn’t pay her for the majority of the 18 months she worked for him.
She’s suing for sexual battery, assault, false imprisonment, infliction of emotional distress, and damages for the alleged unpaid wages.
The woman’s lawyer, Neama Rahmani said in a press release,
“Way’s treatment of our client, as an employee and as a person who deserves respect, has traumatized and filled her with fear. His abuse imprisoned her physically, mentally and emotionally. When she mustered the courage to flee, he impoverished her. His exploitation severely hampered our client’s ability to re-establish herself in the workplace and in society. We believe he should be held accountable.”
Jane Doe also alleged that he once spit on her after she said she wanted to quit. He allegedly got violent with her during a dispute while driving in January 2019. She accused him of allegedly pushing her out of the ar and making her walk five miles. She said he apologized and offered to pay her $1,000.
What are your thoughts on Soulja Boy denying the claims? Comment and let us know.