OnlyFans Officially Drops Porn Ban

OnlyFans Officially Drops Porn Ban
Update #1 (Aug. 25): OnlyFans has officially dropped its ban of pornographic content.
It said in a statement via Twitter earlier today (Aug. 25) that it
“secured assurances necessary to support our diverse creator community.”
This led some to believe that it has worked out an agreement with some of the banks that have invested in OnlyFans but also took issue with being connected to the platform’s risque content.
See the full statement below.

A rep declined to reveal which banks renewed agreements with OnlyFans but said,
“The proposed Oct. 1, 2021 changes are no longer required due to banking partners’ assurances that OnlyFans can support all genres of creators.”
Original Story: As previously reported, OnlyFans was planning to ban sexually explicit videos in October. Now the CEO says the site will “absolutely” allow pornographic material on the platform.
The initial ban included “actual or simulated sexual intercourse or content, including genital or oral between persons of any sex, actual or simulated” but would allow nude photos and videos.
In a recent interview, Tim Stokely, the founder and chief executive of OnlyFans said,
“The change in policy, we had no choice, the short answer is banks.”
Banks that have been cited for investing with OnlyFans include JP Morgan Chase, Bank of New York Mellon, and the U.K.’s Metro Bank.
Stokely added that
“[banks] cite reputational risk and refuse our business.”
The site was founded in 2016 and experienced a major increase of followers during the pandemic when celebrities like Lil Boosie and Camille Winbush also joined. But the news to ban sexually explicit videos from the site with more than 130 million followers specifically angered its sex workers, who depend on their funds to pay their bills.

Boosie Badazz

Camille Winbush
According to Tim Stokely, banks cut off wire transfers to OnlyFans creators, making it harder to pay them. He said,
“This decision was made to safeguard [creators’] funds and subscriptions from increasingly unfair actions by banks and media companies. We obviously do not want to lose our most loyal creators.”
He also added,
“We pay over 1 million creators over $300 million every month, and making sure that these funds get to creators involves using the banking sector.”
On Aug. 21, the company tweeted addressing their sex workers saying,
“The OnlyFans community would not be what it is today without you. The policy change was necessary to secure banking and payment services to support you. We are working around the clock to come up with some solutions.”

Do you think OnlyFans should continue to allow sexually explicit videos? Tell us in the comments.
[VIA]
Previous Article
Next Article
Harvard Agrees To $53 Million Settlement After Former Morgue Manager Stole & Sold Body Parts From Donated Bodies
Family Of Nolan Wells, Mississippi College Student Who Mysteriously Died During 4th Of July Boating Trip, Pens Heartfelt Message On What Would Have Been His 19th Birthday
Florida Police Officer Accused Of Using Flock Cameras To Keep Tabs On His Estranged Wife More Than 700 Times
Jasmine Brand Brings 30 DC-Area Women Together For Intimate ‘CONNECT’ Brunch, Plans Multi-City Expansion
Woman Claims GLP-1 Weight Loss Drugs Caused Her To Lose Her Eyesight, Wants Warning Added To Labels
[Update] Atlanta Sisters Found Safe After Babysitter Allegedly Abducted Them-Mother Believes Woman Had Been ‘Plotting’ To Steal Her Kids
NAACP Joins Legal Team Representing Family Of Nolan Wells
Amber Alert Issued: Atlanta Police Say Babysitter Abducted Two Young Sisters