Nicki Minaj & Her Husband, Kenneth Petty, Denied Extension To Respond To Jennifer Hough’s Harassment Lawsuit, Hough Requests $20 Million Default Judgment
There has been an update to the current situation between Nicki Minaj, her husband, and Jennifer Hough!
Nicki Minaj and her husband–Kenneth Petty–are currently facing a harassment lawsuit. The case was filed by Jennifer Hough, who accused Kenneth Petty of sexual assault back in 1995. As a result of the incident, Kenneth Petty served four years behind bars. He is also a registered sex offender.
Jennifer Hough filed the harassment lawsuit earlier this year after Nicki Minaj and her husband began reaching out and asking her to recant the allegations. She also claims the couple had an associate offer her $20,000 and later threaten her. Reportedly, this all began after Kenneth Petty was arrested in 2020 for not registering as a sex offender when he moved to California.
Now, there has been an update to the lawsuit. Reportedly, Nicki Minaj and Kenneth Petty failed to respond to the case. As a result, Jennifer Hough is requesting a $20 million default judgment. However, last night (Thursday, Oct. 14th), the couple’s lawyer reportedly contacted Jennifer Hough‘s attorney–Tyrone Blackburn–to request an extension for them to respond. Tyrone Blackburn replied:
“I said NO! I told him to prepare his opposition to my request for default judgment and explain to the court why his client and her husband believe they’re both above the law.”
What do you think about the ongoing legal battle? Comment down below to let us know!