Michael K. Williams’ Nephew Explains How He Discovered His Body After Fatal Overdose: I Told 911, He’s Cold – He’s Gone
New details are being released about Michael K. Williams’ passing. The actor passed September 2021, after suffering a fatal overdose. It was recently revealed that Michael’s nephew Dominic Dupont, was the person who discovered that he had died.
He explains during an appearance on Red Table Talk that he hadn’t heard from Michael and was ‘concerned.’
“We made the decision to go to his house and I went upstairs, opened up his door, and it was quiet — Michael always played music — that wasn’t the case”.
He explains that he walked through the doorway of his uncle’s home, called out for Michael, but did not receive an answer. It was then that he discovered his body.
“I immediately called 911”.
On the call, they asked if he wanted to
“start some compressions”.
However, he responded telling 911 that Michael was ‘cold’.
“I’m telling you, he’s deceased. He’s gone”.
As previously reported, Michael died of
“acute intoxication by the combined effects of fentanyl, p-fluorofentanyl, heroin and cocaine.”
The manner of death was ruled an accident.
If you or someone you know is struggling with addiction, please contact the SAMHSA substance abuse helpline at 1-800-662-HELP.