Ricky Martin Says ‘Truth Prevails’ Amidst His Nephew Withdrawing Incest Claims & Protection Order Being Dismissed

Ricky Martin Says ‘Truth Prevails’ Amidst His Nephew Withdrawing Incest Claims & Protection Order Being Dismissed
“Truth prevails,” at least according to Ricky Martin.
The “Livin’ La Vida Loca” artist defeated his 21-year-old nephew in court when the latter retracted his accusations of engaging in a sexual relationship with the singer, whom he also accused of harassing him.
A judge also tossed out the domestic violence restraining order put in place to keep Ricky Martin away from his nephew.
Ricky Martin, 50, celebrated his win on Twitter with a statement from his attorneys. It read,
“Just as we had anticipated, the temporary protection order was not extended by the Court. The accuser confirmed to the court that his decision to dismiss the matter was his alone, without any outside influence or pressure, and the accuser confirmed he was satisfied with his legal representation in the matter.”
“The request came from the accuser asking to dismiss the case. This was never anything more than a troubled individual making false allegations with absolutely nothing to substantiate them. We are glad that our client saw justice done and can now move forward with his life and his career.”
Truth prevails.
Swipe right for English pic.twitter.com/4Q7UOHCi7e
— Ricky Martin (@ricky_martin) July 21, 2022
As previously reported, nearly two weeks after accusations of domestic violence against Martin were first leveled in Puerto Rico, it was revealed that the victim was his 21-year-old nephew Dennis Yadiel Sanchez.
The “Tu recuerdo” singer allegedly did not take it well when Dennis Yadiel Sanchez ended a seven-month romance with him and began calling him frequently and lurking outside his house. The alleged victim also made claims of physical and mental abuse during the relationship.
Martin forcefully denied the allegations against him on Twitter on Sunday (July 3), expressing hope that all would be resolved. At the time, he wrote,
“The protection order entered against me is based on completely false allegations, so I will respond through the judicial process with the facts and the dignity that characterize me. Because it is an ongoing legal matter, I cannot make detailed statements at this time. I am grateful for the countless messages of solidarity, and I receive them with all my heart.”

Martin faced up to 50 years in prison if he would’ve been found guilty in court.
What are your thoughts on the entire situation? Let us know in the comments!
[VIA]
Previous Article
Next Article
Aaliyah’s Estate Seemingly Backs Move To Cover R. Kelly’s Face On “Age Ain’t Nothing But A Number” Vinyl Reissue
Here For It? Spotify Launching New Tool That Allows Users To Create ‘Responsible’ AI-Generated Covers & Remixes Of Their Favorite Songs From Participating Artists/Songwriters
K. Michelle Seemingly Throws Major Shade At Tamar Braxton, Says She’s Open To A Verzuz Battle Against “The Muppet”
Cardi B Wants Round 2! Eyes Second Tour Leg After Strong Ticket Sales
Tank & Durand Bernarr Take Their ‘Beef To FaceTime & End It w/ Laughs: ‘It’s Never That Serious’
Saweetie Hit w/ $3 Million Lawsuit After Promoter Claims She Took Japan Concert Deposit & Performed Elsewhere
Angelina Jolie & Brad Pit’s Daughter Zahara Jolie Graduates From Spelman College
Funk Legend & “Atomic Dog” Artist George Clinton Sues Universal Music Group Over Alleged Royalty Freeze