Antonio Brown’s Battery Charges & Arrest Warrant Dropped After Alleged Domestic Violence Victim Recants Her Testimony

Antonio Brown’s Battery Charges & Arrest Warrant Dropped After Alleged Domestic Violence Victim Recants Her Testimony
Good news for Antonio Brown.
According to new reports, on Tuesday (Dec. 20) State attorney Susan S. Lopez announced that Antonio Brown’s misdemeanor battery charges have been dropped and the warrant for the NFL free agent’s arrest has been axed by Florida authorities after his alleged victim, his former fiancee, recanted her testimony.
Lopez explained that the decision to drop Antonio Brown’s charges was made because her office could not prove battery occurred. Lopez’s statement read:
“After the alleged victim was sworn-in she recanted her previous allegations regarding Mr. Brown’s intent to strike her or cause her bodily harm.”

Antonio Brown
The statement continued:
“The [State Attorney’s Office or SAO] analyzed this new information along with the body worn camera video recorded at the scene, the Child Protective Services investigation, and the denial of a law enforcement’s Temporary Risk Protection Order and determined we could not prove beyond a reasonable doubt a battery took place.”
The initial police statement claimed on November 28, the 34-year-old got into a verbal argument that turned physical at a residence in South Tampa. As previously reported, amid the incident, Brown allegedly threw a shoe at a woman, after locking her out of the home. He’s also accused of throwing her belongings onto the street as he attempted to evict her. A police petition for a temporary risk protection order in hopes to prevent Brown from accessing firearms was denied on November 29. The police report read:
“The suspect exited the residence and threw a shoe at the victim striking her in the ponytail.”

The police report added:
“The victim had no injuries but believed the shoe was meant for her head. The suspect would not open the door or come outside to speak with officers. The suspect also during this incident attempted to issue an informal eviction to the victim.”
Brown reportedly barricaded himself in the house and threatened to shoot his ex if she tried to enter the house.

Antonio Brown
Do you think Antonio Brown’s charges were rightfully dropped? Tell us below.
[VIA]
Previous Article
Next Article
NBA Star Anthony Edwards Ordered To Pay $14,000 A Month For Son He Admitted He Has Never Met
NBA Star Jaylen Brown Says Getting Rich Has Changed His Relationships: “Conversations Become Invoices”
Mo’Nique Celebrates Claressa Shields & Calls Her The “GWOAT”: “When You Witness Black Excellence You Must Share It”
Boxer Terence Crawford’s Trainer Shuts Down Comeback Rumors: ‘I Want Him To Be Done’
LeBron James’ First Game With Philadelphia 76ers Will Be Against Defending Champion Knicks
[Update] Memphis Grizzlies Player Brandon Clarke D*ed From Combined Effects Of Her*in & C*caine, Medical Examiner Says
NBA’s Kawhi Leonard Allegedly Had Secret Multimillion-Dollar Sponsorship Deal With Clippers Arena Scoreboard Manufacturer, Report Claims
24-Year-Old Accused Of Scamming Ex-NFL Players Out Of $1 Million Found De@d In Pool, Investigation Underway